Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake pedal is a little spongy and my clutch bite is very low. As the fluid in both systems has not been touched for 6 years I think I should replace it to see if this helps either situation.

Any thoughts on which system (clutch or brake) I should do first or what order I should do the wheels in?

Anything else I should look out for?

I am assuming I should use DOT 4 fluid?

I am thinking of getting a Gunsone Eezybleed system, using about 20 psi in a spare tyre. Anyone tried this on a 166. Reading up on it the system seems to work ok if one of the supplied caps is an exact fit for the cylinder.

Thanks for any advice.

Chris

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
The theory is it should be changed every 2 years.
Dot 4 should be fine IIRC.
IF you are doing it yersell the eazibleed is as they say
"That's the way to do it".

Pomeo

An achilles heel is the brake pipe where it goes over the front of the tamk and at the ends at the cylinders.I'd check these first as if you put the new fluid in for it to just leak out.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
if you have a fluid extractor, like a Pela pump, for oil changes, you might want to find a suitable piece of plastic hose which fits over the bleed nipple and suction hose of the pump. Slide hose ove the bleed nipple, suck sufficient vacuum, open the nipple and when there is clear oil coming out close it again. Make sure you got the reservoir filled at all times to avoid air ingress. I have used this method successfully. It saves on the cost of an eezybleed system (if you got a Pela pump).

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
if you have a fluid extractor, like a Pela pump, for oil changes, you might want to find a suitable piece of plastic hose which fits over the bleed nipple and suction hose of the pump. Slide hose ove the bleed nipple, suck sufficient vacuum, open the nipple and when there is clear oil coming out close it again. Make sure you got the reservoir filled at all times to avoid air ingress. I have used this method successfully. It saves on the cost of an eezybleed system (if you got a Pela pump).
Hmm (Heid scratch smiley) How much is a Pela pump...Sounds a lot dearer than an Eezibleed.

Pomeo

Err PS What Niall says.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts