Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Well i eventually got my braided hoses after waiting over two weeks to recive them from Goodridge. Should be having them new dics and pads fitted this weekend. Hopefully should stop pretty good when all this is dome.

Has anyone else had braided hoses fitted and if so how do you rate them

Dom

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had some on my old P4 - that has about a mile of rubber hosing (even under the floorpan where a fixed pipe would do the job) and once I'd bled the whole thing (get one of those pressure bleed kits) it was a fair bit better.

The peddle wasn't rock hard though, as I had hoped, just firmer and less spongey which may have been down to the bleeding anyway. I dunno if a rock-hard peddle is ever going to be possible on a 33 as the servo' is recognised as being a bit weedy.

Make sure you overhaul the calipers too - if they're sticking or uneven the new lines won't make as big a difference as you hope.

Ralf S.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dom,
I've got the fitted to my race midget. They will improve the pedal travel as they don't allow the pipe to expand. The new discs and will also improve the pedal. Also make sure you use new brake fluid and change it regularly, every year would be ideal or 35000 miles.

The last tip is to use the brakes hard, and I mean really hard. Braking from 70mph to zero with the ABS kicking in should keep the pedal firm. Doing this just once a week should be fine(this will not boil the fluid) and should stop the warped disc syndrom (i.e. pad material on the disks).

Have Fun :)

Ian.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
When you say breaking from like 70mph to zero, Is this to keep the discs form shining up, thus lossing it's friction properties.
Yea im using new brake fluid too.

Dom

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dom,
Does your car have two flexible hoses for each rear caliper? and if so does the Goodridge kit replace them with one?
The reason I ask is that when I priced them for my car they only had a listing for a four hose kit and not a six hose kit. The supplier was unable to tell me if the four hose kit works on a six hose car so I did not order it.
I would be interested to know if it fits your car as the Goodridge kit was quite a bit cheaper than six hose kits from other suppliers.

Cheers, Colin :rolleyes:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Colin,
No i don't have a six hose kit. I just have four individual hoses. Two different lengths. When I ordered the kit it states that they are for all model 155, i.e 1.8,2.0,V6,Q4.

I bought them from:

www.needforspeed.co.uk

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah Goodridge hose "kits".

The P4 kit they supply contains 4 hoses - 2 for the front and two for the back you would suppose but no.

I had two for the front and two very long ones (about 10"/25cm) which confused the hell out of me (the rears should be 4" long).

I had a look under the car and found these two 10" rubber hoses doing a job that fixed steel tubes can do (dunno why they need hoses there) and these were the ones in the kit.

Obviouslythis was pants for me as I was more interested in the rear hoses looking smart through the TSW Blade spokes, innit? The kit didn'tinclude those hoses (the P4 shares the regular 33 kit I guess).

Luckily (I'm getting to the point) Goodridge said send them a drawing of the hose ends and the diumensions and they could make whatever hoses I wanted. They turned out to be £8 each or something. Marvellous!

Ralf S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts