·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In today's issue of BILD !

The Smart-Rocket
170PS, wide wheels, racing seats and
225km/hr speed eek!

Brabus have upgraded the Smart Roadster Coupe.
It is "Ferrari-Red" according to the article.
It has a chin spoiler with a black line of sealing strip along the join.
The familiar grey smiling grille and light surround is all red.
There's a subtle body kit extension below the Tridion and on the arches.
Four-point harnesses on racing seats (look like leather Recaros).
At the rear, the usual two centre exit Brabus exhaust.
Possibly for cooling (or for effect?) the plastic side windows in the rear are slotted.

5.8 seconds from 0-100km/h!! eek!

V6 Biturbo is mininalist:
No ESP
No traction control
No servo steering
No airconditioning
No radio

€50000 !!

Full article and photos in Auto_Bild Test & Tuning. (in you want to read some german :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Wim,

You have to be very sick to cash out €50000,- (you could get a REAL GTA for that money!!!!! eek! eek! eek! ) for a toy car like that. It may be fast, but still a toycar. One word: YUK!

I like your smart way better! :D

Any news?

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LaTiNo156:
<strong>I think it's ridiculous to pay that amount of cash for a toycar.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree entirely. You could get a TVR for that!!
:D :D :D
(or 4 MGs)
:p

G

·
Now if Brabus had managed to shoehorn a V6 BiTurbo into a standard Smart car, that would have been something to talk about... rant eek! :cool: :p :confused: eek!

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wimster:
<strong>No servo steering</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No doubt it's impressing!! eek!

But.. but no servo steering?? With that power, (and if the steering keeps tha same as in the "normal" smart) I don't see many people surviving to that power after the first curve... :rolleyes:

When I went to test it with Wimmy and Eve, the worst thing pointed was the steering. It's not direct and it's not precise. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
Another coffin on wheels... With that power in such a small car, you'll get yourself killed right away!! eek!

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by THROTTLEMAN:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wimster:
<strong>No servo steering</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No doubt it's impressing!! eek!

When I went to test it with Wimmy and Eve, the worst thing pointed was the steering. It's not direct and it's not precise. :rolleyes: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The version you tested HAD power steering Hugo :eek:
we ordered one without power steering..shoud steer more direct.. and don't forget, you're spoiled with an Alfa.. the most direct steer ever wink

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I found the steering way too light on the one I rented.... Didn't dare to try and take it further than 150-160 km/h on those curvy Riviera motorways....

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wimster:
<strong> The version you tested HAD power steering Hugo :eek: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So it was it Wimmy... :rolleyes: it HAD power steering. So you did the right choice, ordering one without power steering! :)

And you're absolutely righ - I'm spoiled with this amazing steer! wink

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by THROTTLEMAN:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wimster:
<strong> The version you tested HAD power steering Hugo :eek: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So it was it Wimmy... :rolleyes: it HAD power steering. So you did the right choice, ordering one without power steering! :)

And you're absolutely righ - I'm spoiled with this amazing steer! wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hugo, what's so amazing about a steer?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LaTiNo156:
<strong>170PS from a V6 Biturbo? That's not much is it? Or was that a typo?
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Although it is a V6, the engine capacity is only 1.4 liter. So I guess 170 hp is not too bad.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think it's just 2 of the 3-cylinder engines coupled..the figures add up.. if you double the figures of a regular engine,you're there..
And I know it's not a "polictical correct" car, but be honest, who wouldn't want a ride in that one? I do! wink

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
The other roadster on the same site, tuned by SW Exclusive to 108 hp, is not bad either. And the price is a lot better: EUR 24.098

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow.. i like those alloys eek! specially on that colour..
Lowering it looks :cool: too wink

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Wim,

For your information: the costs for the tuning to 108 hp are just EUR 490 :cool: (the rest for the costs are for other brakes, alloys, tires, lowering kit etc)

Maybe something to think about?

Hans

1 - 20 of 66 Posts