Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week i was very busy at work, i had to visit Aberdeen, Elgin and Fraserburgh over a two day period, i live in Glasgow so a fair distance was covered in my GT.

I lost count of the two bob rockets that i had sitting on my **** for the two days, Corsas, Vectras, even the 120bhp Diesel, Puntos, Saxos etc etc even a Rover 25 with MG badges stuck to it and the ****** had not even removed the Rover badges.

Any way, coming up to a round about in Balloch 20 minutes from home an R reg Hyundai Coupe did eventually drive up my ****, when i stopped and pulled in the daft bird drove off. When i eventually caught her which did not prove difficult she denied hitting me despite the damage to both our cars and her paintworm still sticking to mine.

The cops were called and she was taken to the waiting police car as someone had called the cops to inform them of an accident occurring and that a blue car had driven off.

Why do people try to prove their driving skils are **** and that their cars are crap when they see an Alfa in front of them, a VW Scirroco could not wait to get past either and he almost paid the price when a car came out of a side road turning left and he had committed fully on the wrong side of the road to get past me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I suffered this during a recent trip top Basingstoke. The Ringroads there are like a racetracks, & I seemed to have a load of boy racers (& girl racers) following me around like a plague of angry wasps. including a Hyundai Coupe too (a yellow one). Even trying to get out of their way they made difficult - got cut up on a roundabout by some girl thrashing the nuts of her Ford Ka while she was also doing her hair or something . I was too busy taking evasive action to check out all the stuff she was doing to herself in there.

Was glad to get out of that place in one piece.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
check out all the stuff she was doing to herself in there.
Mate sounds like you could of copped a right eye full :eek::lol:

So annoying isn't it.

They see a nice looking alfa and try to prove themselves or something.

Gutted about the bump, much damage??

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New Rear Bumper Required other than that the metal seems fine.

I wonder what that Bird was up too in Basingstoke

·
Registered
302 Posts
They see a nice looking alfa and try to prove themselves or something.
I get this quite a lot in the GTA, from showing me how far they can wheelspin away from a junction to overtaking me and the traffic islands in a 30 zone. Usually done in a ****ty arstra 1.4 by young peckers who think they`re Fabrizio Giovanardi. They never try it at the lights the [email protected]

Scabies, i hope the motors fixed good as new and the bint gets charged for leaving the scene of an accident.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Had four of them overtake me the other day, three in 30 limits the other one I made work for it ;). Backed off at full chat in 3rd figured that it was getting silly at that point. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Bird got done as the cops checked her mobile phone records also and she had been on the phone at the time of driving up my exhaust pipe.

I dont take any one on in 30 Zones or built up areas, the cops up our way are just waiting to pounce. There are not many cars that can keep up when you are blasting round some of the winding country roads in Scotland, this morning it was an Astra Van complete with red rusting bonnet.

Th Birds are funny expecially the ones with the Pink Steering Wheel Covers and the Fag Hanging from the mouth. I have a TVR that i race round Knockhill and Occassionaly Silverstone so i can drive a bit, it is more fun keeping them behind you and then getting them boxed in by other traffic, or time the approach to traffic lights which forces them to either stop abruptly or go through on Red.

S

·
0 Posts
Dunno what it was this morning, maybe cause I washed T-cut and polished the GTV last night and she is stunning today, but had some muppet in a cavalier vectra thing up my tail as I was stuck behind a van. Was able to floor it and shake him off. But then as I hit next traffic, had an old bubble shaped micra sittting on my exhaust. A bloody 1 litre micra!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cavalier/Vectra/Viva/Victor/Insignia all the same ****e

A

·
0 Posts
they cant help themselves, and they will never learn until they buy thier own alfa romeo:)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Ive had this problem for years, I spend a fair bit of time on the A13 and M25 travelling between my place and my missis place, I beleive its made worse if you have any kind of mods on the car that are noticable.

I love my mod'd cars but am no way a dirty chav but you wouldnt believe the amount of people that feel becasue you have something that looks or sounds abit racey it must mean that I want a race even if Im doing 60 just chilling out but no some muppet in a rep mobile or pikey in a van has to sit so close I cant see his headlights let alone his number plate :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
I had a numpty in an impreza up my chuff in a 30 zone, even though it should be a 40. So i stayed dead at 30 for the whole road just to **** him off, the road then comes to a national speed limit (60) with a big bit of streight road. I hung at 30 in 2nd just before the 60 zone and as soon as i hit the 60 sign i floored it, Just as the scooby pulled out into the other lane. I bet he felt like a right **** with a 1.6 leaving him standing with his zorst blazing :cheese:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
:lol: If somebody insits on getting in my boot in a 30, 40 or 50 I like you make that speedo needle stick to the correct speed, if they want to dice with the devil and over take me then thats upto them, I just know that if they crash into my car while Im doing the correct legal speed 'Their Going DOWN'

I just cant see the point if the car infront is doing what the law says then deal with it, if its under the speed limit either put up with it or find a safe way and time of getting round them, trying to push or force them to speed up just doesnt work - Why's there never a copper about when you want one?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
They make me laugh. I while ago i was heading back from London in the early hours of the morning, doing a steady 70 on the inside lane. This guy in an overly pimped VW Golf GTi comes flying past, then slows down and hovers down into my blind spot on the right hand side. Wondered what he was doing and then i could see in my blind spot mirror that his headlights were flashing Red - Yellow - Green like traffic light. What a ****, i just stayed at 70 until he floored it off.

·
0 Posts
I don't suffer this anymore - a dab of the brakes & a flip of the finger works a treat for me :cheese:

·
Registered
31 Posts
This guy in an overly pimped VW Golf GTi comes flying past,
I had an idiot in a Golf GTi behind me today as well.

Sitting at traffic lights, waiting to turn right. Lights turn to green so I edge over into the middle of the road to wait until it's safe to turn.

This complete knob is behind me testing his horn and flashing his lights. Until the filter light kicked in, there was traffic coming the other way and I had no where to go!:mad:

S

·
0 Posts
I had an idiot in a Golf GTi behind me today as well.

Sitting at traffic lights, waiting to turn right. Lights turn to green so I edge over into the middle of the road to wait until it's safe to turn.

This complete knob is behind me testing his horn and flashing his lights. Until the filter light kicked in, there was traffic coming the other way and I had no where to go!:mad:
Did you have your right indicator on?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts