Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I ordered about 10 front Alfa badges from EBSpares, then 12 badges from shop for parts; all of them had at least 1-2 small scratches, only about 3 of them are sellable to a scrupulous customer, most of them have a major scratch, across the metal parts, impossible to miss.

I basically told EB, congratulations, now I paid the import tax and it's not cost efficient to send them back, please give me a discount on the next order - no reply - and when asking for my next £1000 order they basically told me to get raped elsewhere.

Now with Shop4Parts, dunno what to do. Sent an email.. I'd like a discount on my next order at best, because I won't be able to sell those unless at a 50% reduced price and sending them back is a pain.

Or is there a solution for scratches?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I tried to take a picture with the iPhone of a heavy scratch across a metal bit, but iPhone refuses to make focus on what I'm supposed to capture.. I'll take better pics when I get my camera back. In spite of the blur, you can still see the cut..

Other kinds of scratches are on the enamel (?) which looks like it's been a bit rubbed with big grain sandpaper. I really hope there's a way to buff this...

I ordered ~30 enamel items from ebayer "yourbadges" and got tiny scratches but never to the point the item is not usable.

Waiting for shop4parts response

Attachments

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Again, shop4parts is helpful and agree to negotiate a rebate based on the damaged.

This was probably caused by shipping, a badge came off the styrofoam plank...

Some badges are beyond help, but I wish small scratches and "smudges" that don't come off could be fixed! Ideas?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I didn't try that... sounds corrosive. I think the color parts are enamel, might need a softer approach.

The metal letters might be polished with metal polish and a cotton bud?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah yes, there is some sort of film on top, which on old badges start peeling off if they've been exposed to heat. This lacquer has smudges and scratches.. maybe a hair dryer can melt the faults off - or make it worse. I'll try plastic restoration cream first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts