Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To go along with my new purchase of a shiny Black MiTo i thought i would add a few things to my cleaning kit, which is a bit basic stocked up on AutoGlym stuff in the 3for2 offer in halfords a while back, and reading on here about mitts and not scratching the paint which is super needed on a Black car thought i would try one.

i bought these:
Meguiars Microfibre wash Mitt
Super Spray - Hose end sprayer - Couldn't afford the £59.99 one
Kent Q6600 Microfibre Towel Pack (6 Pack)

Are clay bars really worth the money never used one whats your guys thoughts?
What else do you think would help with cleaning the car?

Harry

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Don't know about a new car, but I couldn't believe the muck that came off my 2 1/2 year old car when I clayed it for the first time... (and almost certainly the cars first time as well) :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes absolutely essential at the beginning of your detail. The amount of muck you shift is ridiculous if not done before. Some other products to try along with the clay are car pro iron x and autosmart tardis. If you use these before claying the amount you pull off is considerably reduced thus reducing the risk of marring the paint with the clay. Use plenty of lube and clay 'into' the lube thus minimising the risk of marring again :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Would also add wolfs chemicals brake duster as an alternative to iron x, don't get on with the smell of iron x (as good as it is):)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Would also add wolfs chemicals brake duster as an alternative to iron x, don't get on with the smell of iron x (as good as it is):)
:lol:You speak sense. Although it's not quite as good/effective iron x is pretty offensive. So much so I think I'm gonna join you on the de ironizer route when the x runs out

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
i picked up some of that wolf's decon gel. bloody good stuff and amazing what it cleans off your car. i'd agree about the tardis. esp. along the bottom of the doors, clay comes off with hardly anything on it. think i'm going to give up on that process.

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
Valet Pro Bilerry wheel cleaner.

Poorboys wheel seal

Poorboys blackhole glaze

Poorboys Natty's BlueWax, for dark cars

Two buckets; one for washing and one for rinsing.

Lots of microfibres, two wash mitts, one for the top, one for the bottom

Claying is essential as gtlewi said for the start of your detailing

Have fun :thumbs:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ha you lot trying to make me broke or something?

I am eyeing up some Autoglym High Definition Car Wax and the Autoglym Autoglym Surface Detailing Clay Kit, will treat myself on payday

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
believe me, I have spent a small fortune on stuff and still not happy with what I have - car detailing really does suck you in :lol:

W

·
0 Posts
ha you lot trying to make me broke or something?

I am eyeing up some Autoglym High Definition Car Wax and the Autoglym Autoglym Surface Detailing Clay Kit, will treat myself on payday
Don't pay that well known "High Street" shops' prices for HD Wax or Cleanser whatever you do!

Ebay is your best bet and HD Wax is a class act. :thumbs:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i found amazon to be a lot cheaper than ebay surprisingly, justing waiting to payday then will buy it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts