Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

1) I was looking for GTB2060VKLR for my Alfa 159 1.9JTDM and I found ref numbers for it 802774-5005s and 5007s it is Mercedes GL 350 Year 2011 Turbo.
I found new, and also I found 11-hour-run test turbo from factory. I bought the used one for now, because ıt has still one year guaranty, anyway. But in the Plate
it is only written GTB2060V and last number is 5 not 5005 or 5007, is it normal ?

2) I asked him , for the shaft, it is moving a little bit. My older turbo has 300.000Km and was ok. Also shaft was moving a bit. He says, its ok, because every part which needs to be oiled, need to have some space, is it normal,

3) For the electrical VNT controller, I will figure it out, but do you ever know pin-outs or do you ever control it before?

4) For the space issue, I need to turn the turbo a little bit. But in the intake side, I cannot do it. As you see VNT controller is connected to intake. But exhaust part is free, Do you think I have a chance to losen screws and turn it some degre?

Turbo Plate
Turbo Plate2
Turbo
Controller Side
I want to turn from exhaut side

·
Registered
30 Posts
That looks like a journal bearing turbo which will have movement up and down as they float/run on the oil.

Your better off changing to an actuator and still control it with the vacuum.

If you loosen the screws you will be able to clock it and try and give yourself the space you need.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've taken your numbers from your plate and they all point towards a vklr unit I thought if it was a vklr it would of been printed on the plate but I may be wrong/are wrong

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
The number should be a vklr unit. But, that number is stamped into the compressor housing.
Check out the oil flanges of the chra. If you look into the oil return hole, you can see the bearing arrangement.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The number should be a vklr unit. But, that number is stamped into the compressor housing.
Check out the oil flanges of the chra. If you look into the oil return hole, you can see the bearing arrangement.
I'll look thank you

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I saw it, I cannot take a clear picture, but as I know journal bearings are colored yellow/gold - because of brass like material. But mine was gray like normal ball bearing.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohh, Hi again,

I don't know if all VKLR has water cooling or not. but ,I have water line in the Turbo
But I need this :Water & Oil Fittings

PS: Also My engine died, so now I've changed internals, and balanced the crank upto 8000Rpm, Did Reshaped Valves, Did Reshaped inlet,
And Making new inlet manifold, Exhaust Manifold, WaterToAir Intercooler.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Ohh, Hi again,

I don't know if all VKLR has water cooling or not. but ,I have water line in the Turbo

PS: Also My engine died, so now I've changed internals, and balanced the crank upto 8000Rpm, Did Reshaped Valves, Did Reshaped inlet,
And Making new inlet manifold, Exhaust Manifold, WaterToAir Intercooler.
Sorry to hear about your engine.

I ve had a waer to air intercooler (chargecooler0 for 5 years which I ve enver got around to fitting, be interesting to see how you get on with yours.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Looks overly complicated... Why don't you use something more simple (classic charge cooler), and just keep all connections between turbo and manifold as short as possible.

You could mount classic charge cooler somewhere by the side of the engine, where battery is mounted and relocate battery to the trunk. That should work just fine.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I got one for an Excort RS turbo and like you say Tribesman, I was intending to mount it under the bonnet, after having moved the battery to the boot, I was also going to cover it in aluminium heat sinks to assist in heat loss, a sort of hybrid intercooler/chargecooler.

Mine is a Pace one, the type thats essentially an air to air intercooler enclosed in a water jacket, the type emre2blue mentioned in his link is supposed to be much more efficient than the type I have.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know if it is ok for the manufacturer, if I show the prices but, here is response from the Core manufacturer.

Hi,

Intercooler cores are still available in lengths from 198,2 up to 407 mm, please see our webpage for standard lengths. You can purchase from our retailer Think Automotive Ltd in UK or directly from us.
Price is from 121,00:- EUR/ea up to 155,00:- EUR/ea depending on length.

Med vänliga hälsningar / Best regards,

Robert Herou

Production Laminova

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't want big intercooler in front of my car. Because In Winter sometimes I close in front of the car, So my second project is a controller for flaps infront of the car, managing the air flow.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi again. I don't want to open a new thread, Just I learned some dimension about downpipe. And draw it. Can you give me some hint about it?

My Turbo dimensions are :

44.86mm - Downpipe Entrance
39.6mm - Exhaust Manifold Out

51,20mm - Air Inlet From MAF
42.52mm - To intercooler.

So I made a flange, and 45mm to 60mm cone - in 60mm . Bend with 60x1.5 and move a little bit and finish it with 63.5x1.5

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi, what would change if i use 63.5mm all the way, instead of starting with 60mm then continue with 63.5mm

1 - 20 of 119 Posts