Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I went to view a '01 147 Selespeed with 38K on the clock today and have agreed to buy it :cool: Hopefully I'll collect it early next week.

Its Gabbiano Blue with the Sports Leather interior, BOSE, Cruise control, etc so its a nice spec.

I took it for a longish test drive (around 40mins) and as far as I could tell the selespeed works faultlessly. All except the last service (at 37,500) have been at a main dealer but unfortunately it doesn't look like its had a cambelt so that will need doing.

It's only downside that I could find is a nasty scrape on the n/s rear wing which will need paintwork but this was reflected in the price.

So thats me - Hello.

Cheers
Jon

·
Administrator
60,442 Posts
Hi Jon, sounds like you've got yourself a nice little alfa, congrats. Welcome to this great site, enjoy looking around and posting any q you may have. Cheers:)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, good luck with the selespeed :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hello Jon, glad you could join :)

M

·
0 Posts
welcome to AO Jon...

sounds like you have got urself a nice example...don't forget to change the tensioners whilst changing the cambelt..

all the best

:)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Nice mate! How much did you pay for her? My Selespeed was of a similar age and spec when I bought her.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Great minds think alike! I bought my 147 selespeed couple of days ago (from Alfa Worcs). Black, black leather, 40K on clock, spec is sooooo gooood. It had a scratch down the side (keyed) and it did slip out of 4th on the testdrive - to which I obviously said not picking it up until fully fixed.

Anyway, month later and got car and recipts for: new gearbox, new cambelt, half car respray, full service inc new s.plugs, etc & new mot.

Drive's perfectly, I love it. :inlove:

Don't want to p**s anyone off so won't say exactly what I paid - but lets just say <5K!!! Paid extra £400 for the full AA warranty too (just for peace of mind to cover those Selespeed horror stories!).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts