Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have just purchased a spider and trying to find the polts and bushes that hold the bottom plate to the body and subframe .
thanks terry

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you have a twinspark or v6? I know the plates themselves are different between the 2, but unsure about the bolts.

I think the part number is 11586024 although not sure where they are available. I know they're approximately 25mm long.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My V6 GTV has 5 bolts per plate. The four rearmost ones which I believe bolt to the floor and sub-frame are M10x25x1.25 Grade 8.8 (ie 10mm across the thread, by 25mm long, measured from under the bolt head to the tip, with a 1.25 mm thread pitch) Grade 8.8 refers to the tensile strength. You can go higher than this but should not go any lower as this risks the threads shearing or the bolt snapping under the required torque and stresses applied. The front most bolt is iirc one of those on the suspension arm (and I cant find that one at the mo). They also have two washers on each bolt. These bolts have been cleaned up and re-plated in case you were wondering why they are that colour. bolt2.jpg bolt1.jpg Can you tell I don't have much to do!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a twinspark or v6? I know the plates themselves are different between the 2, but unsure about the bolts.

I think the part number is 11586024 although not sure where they are available. I know they're approximately 25mm long.
thanks fo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your help someones as rounded off the heads so will need to get it on a ramp .iam awaiting a manual i have bought on line

·
Registered
254 Posts
Tezza, whilst I think both use the reinforcing plate, just for the record is it a V6 or twinspark? And did you know that there are a lot of manuals available FOC here?

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
You don’t need anything special - bog standard M10 bolts, 8.8 grade or better, and an M10 washer. The other advantage of using standard bolts is that they are, er, standard and don’t have daft 16 mm AF drive faces. Which is why everyone rounds them off with a 17mm socket on an impact gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts