Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Had to change the bottom hose that comes off the rad but having a few issues. Part was bought from Alfa but I cant get the damn thing to stay on the radiator end. It has a clip that you press in to push it on and a small cut out section that lines up with a section on the radiator.

Any tips on getting the damn thing to clip on properly? It runs and doesnt leak under normal driving but if I floor it the pressure causes it to move and start loseing coolant.

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

Forgot to say its a 2.0 TS 147

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Buy and use a suitable jubilee clip. Though you haven't said why you replaced the old hose. I am assuming that you don't have a head gasket problem and suffering serious excess pressure.

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
Buy and use a suitable jubilee clip.
That won't help...!
He is talking about the quick-release connector at the bottom of the rad (the 90deg elbow).

When I did mine I used silicone sealant in the joint before clipping in and then allowed it to set in position before filling.

Not ideal but they are a very silly idea.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
I know it doesn't help, but I didn't have a problem replacing mine when I swapped the rad recently.

It just needs pushing on fully and lining up properly before you release the spring clip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts