Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day my remote key stopped working the central locking but still started the car,i thought dead battery in key fob so got my spare and sure enough it worked but only about a dozen times so i thought that was dead aswell...i replaced a battery with a new one and nothing happened then put it in the other key and again still nothing so now i have no remote central locking the keys operate the central locking if i turn it in the door but what i want is my remote locking back...has anyone any ideas i've checked fuses and all seem ok.....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
first thing i would try is an ecu reset because it is free and often cures faults just disconnect the battery leave it for 20 mins and re connect worth a try first
if it is 2 faulty keys which is unlikely there is a guy chris who is on this forum who repairs alfa keys he is good and cheap and advertises on ebay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wah-hey .....THANKS NELLY.... :D
that re-boot sorted it.. and saved me squids£££...thanks again....

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Hey wow thanks for that 2 I will keep that in the back of my mind if my remote keys dont work either.

Ive heard disconecting the battery does wonders reseting everything on the car. Do you think it will fix my flat spot in acceleration I feel when on full acceleration through the rev range? otherwise the cars in perfect condition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts