Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a QS I produce liabilitites every month bascially my estimate of what my subcotractor will cost for the next two and a half months going forward.They are then chekced by my boss then passed on to the client .Well the boss is away and another guy is filling his shoes.Apart from making comments about line width and font etc..... he produced this with regards to my traffic management subcontractor.

"How many unforeseen closures do we have in one period".........

I just had to point out the obvious

·
Premium Member
42,814 Posts
hmmmm now then... let me think ,,,:lol:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Erm, is it me, but I don't understand what the problem is?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I still don't understand I'm afraid? It it possible to calculate how many unforseen events may happen in a given period...

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Well, say for example you could look back over a similar time period and see how many unforseen events happened then. That would give you a good estimate of how many were likely to happen for the same time period in the future.

For example, take streetlight bulbs. Its possible to know the avaerage life of a light bulb, and so to know when it might need to be replaced; however, some light bulbs might be vandalised and so need replacing earlier. One may now know which light bulbs will be vandalised, but it might well be that each month 1% of light bulbs are deliberately broken.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I guess it all depends on what is meant by "unforseen". An individual's death may be unforseen, but each year we can estimate how many there will be.

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
I still think that on first reading it was the word unforeseen that was the problem.

If we over analyse we can prove there is no such thing as unforeseen and yet the word exists
to allow for things that are errrr ...... unforeseen :D When you guess you can get the exact
answer, but it's still a guess, even if it's a calculated guess :D

And I might have got this all wrong but rants do tend to be knee jerk reactions so I looked
for where the knee jerk reaction might be to that sentence :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
You could be right; however, the thing I really want to know is who is that woman on Smallville's avatar :inlove:

(Smallville, whatever you do don't go around changing that for a picture of a minger :lol:)

S

·
0 Posts
You could be right; however, the thing I really want to know is who is that woman on Smallville's avatar :inlove:

(Smallville, whatever you do don't go around changing that for a picture of a minger :lol:)
I wont now fella :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts