Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my new Alfa 2 weeks ago and it is also my first Alfa.
Today im driving a BMW 535D M-Sport individual. That I am totally satisfied with, but I got a new job and it involves a mandatory company car so I will be leaving the BMW Group for a while.

I Ordered a Nero 601, Alfa 159 2.0JTDm Ti sedan with Nature Leather 505.

Also Bose soundsystem, sunroof, PDC.

I have never heard the Bose soundsystem and I am just wondering if its worth the extra money? How good is it?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ordered my new Alfa 2 weeks ago and it is also my first Alfa.
Today im driving a BMW 535D M-Sport individual. That I am totally satisfied with, but I got a new job and it involves a mandatory company car so I will be leaving the BMW Group for a while.

I Ordered a Nero 601, Alfa 159 2.0JTDm Ti sedan with Nature Leather 505.

Also Bose soundsystem, sunroof, PDC.

I have never heard the Bose soundsystem and I am just wondering if its worth the extra money? How good is it?
I'm not an audiophile but I think it is great. It has a wonderfully deep, clear sound.

N

·
0 Posts
In a Brera it's a must.

In the 159 I don't think it's either needed or that good.
(I don't think there is a sub in the 159.)

·
Registered
831 Posts
If you don't want to bother with installing a proper sound system in your car, or you're just not that much of an audiophile, it worth it. Otherwise it's just an overpriced option that you'll gladly rip out your car as soon as you'll get the chance and replace it with something else.
I personally found it quite bad, dull in almost any aspect and the very muddy sounding speakers were a torture to my ears. The only decent things were the sound stage and the mild "compression" that made almost anything sound the same (volume wise).
I've got almost all the possible options on my car, and the BOSE sound system is the only one I regret, but then again, the vast majority of people are very happy with it. ;)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
If you don't want to bother with installing a proper sound system in your car, or you're just not that much of an audiophile, it worth it. Otherwise it's just an overpriced option that you'll gladly rip out your car as soon as you'll get the chance and replace it with something else.
I personally found it quite bad, dull in almost any aspect and the very muddy sounding speakers were a torture to my ears. The only decent things were the sound stage and the mild "compression" that made almost anything sound the same (volume wise).
I've got almost all the possible options on my car, and the BOSE sound system is the only one I regret, but then again, the vast majority of people are very happy with it. ;)

+1 it's better than standard, but for the money you could get a proper sound system put in that is far better ...

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've got the standard set up in mine which is rubbish compared to the Bose in my old 156. Who do I get to improve things? I love the car but the stereo is ****e. help please

·
Registered
116 Posts
I brought my car used but only did about 4k and was a yr old

It had every option under the sun except sat nav, which I didnt want, and Bose, which I would have liked as the sound system is bloody awful.

I had the bose sound system in my Audi A4 cab and it was awesome absolutely brilliant. I know it was an option but what I dont understand is why car makes etc not produce cars with good sound systems.

I now want to change the system but it seems a great deal of hassle at the moment. trying to find a good professional, trying to find good speakers, good bass or amp etc etc etc im not an expert so I dont know what I am looking for half the time but what I do like is a good sound.

·
Registered
161 Posts
go for it

bose makes a world of difference to the sound

also, if you don't think they are worth it...

a buddy went to a tuning-feast, specializing in audio-tuning - so there were a whole bunch of professionals there, when they used their equipment to measure the levels inside of his 159 the results were the same as the winner of the competition... and that was an e-class with about 20k euro worth of music equipment in it ;)

it's just designed properly, so that after having it on 40 for 3 hours you don't get bloody ears ;)

yes, you CAN get better aftermarket equipment, but you can't install that without losing your warrant or paying a fortune and waiting for weeks on end for your local dealer to install them

aftermarket is only good for used cars that have gone out of warrant

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have it and think it is great. It is enough for my non audiophyle ear abd much better than the standard.
I am sure you could get better aftermarket sound but at the cost of taking your car apart for installations.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the replies. I will stick with the Bose since I am not allowed to change anything in my car.

I remember when fifth gear tested the Alfa 156 and that they made a possitive comment about the Bose in the Alfa 156 GTA. Its rare that they comment the soundsystem.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've got the standard set up in mine which is rubbish compared to the Bose in my old 156. Who do I get to improve things? I love the car but the stereo is ****e. help please
I am in the same situation as you totters.

Plus I've had a BOSE lifestyle system as my home stereo for the last 15 years and loved it. if that's rubbish (and more than one person has turned their nose up at the mention of BOSE) then I suppose rubbish is what I need, certainly I wouldn't appreciate the extra cash spent on "better" kit and particularly not when I blast MP3 quality tracks through it anyway

so.....

in Totters' and my situation; what would you audiophiles fit to at least match the alfa-option BOSE output without spending as much as that option costs (if it's overpriced)?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Unfortunately Bose was not offered as an option in Australia, one needed to order the v6 car to get Bose which was close to $30000 more expensive. Is there anyway I can have the factory bose system installed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
hello

I have a normal radio for my 159 , and i want to install the original radio and nav system , from where can i buy it , and if i cant ,

which navigation suits best with the interior and will i still be a able to use blue and me , and other options

·
Registered
150 Posts
Its not overpriced. I pay 750Eur for it.

Lovelyred159 clearly thinks it is overpriced and has provided a link to prove it, hence the reference

there's a lot of folks think they're too good for Bose. the article that lovelyred159 links is rather ....erm.... forthright in its opinion on the subject. apparantly it's all a bit unfair because Bose present their product well at the marketplace and angle their speakers rather than plonking it on a shelf so people buy it and oooh anyone who buys one is just such a mug and a fashion victim i could do better from radioshack etc etc.

all I know is I liked the BOSE I had in my 156 and miss it now I don't have one in my 159 and have had nothing but joy from the BOSE system I have had in my home for the past 15 years. The same system in fact that lovelyred159's link says could have been put together with 100 euros and a soldering iron, less in fact as I have he 2.1 rather than the 5.1 system. Whatever, really.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts