Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone have a wire diagram for a BOSE for a 156?
I have the multiplug and a shed load of wires, but no diagram....

can anyone help?

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Check out the ICE thread in the tech section on retro fit think you should find the info you need:thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/357638-bose-wire-colours-156-a.html

Correct 156 wire colours as per factory install, then replicated in my car and tested with fader and balance.

If your going to install the easy way is a male and female ISO then run your wires rom Bose down centre of car and plug into back of head unit and thicker wires then connect to ISO that was plugged into head unit. (also need some power wires and triggers etc. But all listed in my guide ;) I would just feed telephone mute wire with 12v (tells head unit to go into Bose mode) and green mini ISO has a trigger 12v feed to Bose to tell amp hu is on - green ISO should already be there with trigger populated into loom somewhere, just cut and attach to Bose loom you make up).....

So sum up your speaker outs ISO on back of head unit get switched to Bose level outs by applying 12v to Tel/mute pin n power/illumination. Then you extend thiner wires at Bose up to new ISO which goes on place of where car speaker ISO used to be plugged. You then feed thicker wires out of Bose to font with a female ISO so you just plug that into speaker cable ISO you removed from back of hu.... (male ISO goes into hu and thinner wires on Bose loom.... thicker go to female ISO and plug into cars ISO that was in head unit)

Reuses car wires as alternative is wire to each individual door from amp and cut into car wires at door (a lot more work).

John

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi everyone - this infor is really great - however I am after the pin out diagram for the multiplug that plugs into the amp.

The wiring diagram given is for a 147 and I have a 156, so some of the multiplugs pictured are different to my car.

As I understand it, I mount the amp in the boot, so I need wires to come down form the head unit to the boot as inputs to the amp from the headunit, then I need to go out form the amp to all the speakers and the sub.

I will take a pic of the multiplug later for this post.

Hope that makes sense ?

M

·
0 Posts
Follow my link the wire colours and pins for multiplug on 156 are there for you... You said you had a small bit of loom on multiplug so think you'll find everything you need :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts