Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious really as I'm not in the market for one, at least not yet !

Anyone got one ? Are they as good as the Advertisements claim ? Does it have sufficient inputs so that you could use it as a Home Theatre System ?

Lastly the advertisements are very coy about the price so what does it actually cost ?

·
Administrator
45,537 Posts
Looks like ~£500.

Their marketing decision to never mention prices is a bit weird.

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like ~£500.

Hi bazza, not cheap then.

Maybe it's OK for a Home Cinema set up but a bit pricey for a posh CD and DAB player !

I don't understand the marketing strategy either. :confused: Maybe they'll think that it will draw you in for a free home trial and depend on peoples natural inertia, ie, can't be bothered to send it back so we'll just keep it.....

·
Registered
26,130 Posts
My dad has one. I don't like it.

It's OK when compared to an iPod with reasonable headphones.
It's definitely not OK when compared to a good separates set - even a mid-price one.

It does what dad wants though: hardly any cabling, hardly visible speakerboxes, no fuss... At € 699,-- if it makes him happy, then who am I to judge.
I wouldn't have one, but my reference is something else entirely.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
John Lewis have some of their stuff on demo. QVC shopping channel also sell their stuff, which is weird since you can't exactly audition hifi though a TV set, but they encourage you to 'trust them' that it sounds brilliant and give them your credit card number. :lol:

Personally I think it's well overpriced, but if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it :lol: Their gear does have a big following though.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
The 'technology' Bose use isn't all that good. It's a set of bog standard speakers with a half-decent amp which are fired through a cleverly designed tube. There are virtually no expensive components in the box and the sound result is average for the price but impressive for the size.

Unless I had loads of dosh and a limited amount of space in which I wanted to put an audio system, I wouldn't buy one.

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the comments, looks like I'll be sticking to the Surround Sound System then. :thumbs:

Just thought I'd ask to see what the reality of this thing is like, doesn't sound ( :lol: ) that it is for me !

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I had a Bose wave, but it got stolen. Replaced it with a Roberts 53. Half the price and a better machine (built in DAB, etc

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Probably because of the market that buy their brand (I assume) - if you have to look at the price tag, you can't afford it. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts