Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the alleged 7 speaker Bose in my 156 SW GTA. Today I collected it from my mechanic after th 80kkm service where I asked him to also look into a bad connection on the left hand door speaker and to find out why there was no sound from the tweeters. It turns out that there was no tweeters there. The leads were there, connected to a dummy, as he said.

We both proceeded to talk to Alfa Romeo Sweden find out what was going on. I was told that with the Bose system there were not tweeters because Bose says is should be so. My mechanic was told that the tweeters were an option to the Bose option...

So which is it? Can I install the tweeters and expect there to be sound? I have the plain version of the head unit (no GPS or Bluetooth).

TIA!

DJ
--

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Bimey:eek: Never really noticed on mine, will be interested to see the response! Will check on mine later, THEY BEST WORK:mad:

N

·
0 Posts
Definitely the 147 has co-axially mounted tweeters on
the woofers with nothing behind the actual tweeter covers. (For the Bose install.)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nev, you are correct. I just found the specificatoion from Bose themselves here. So no seperate tweeters, but coaxial speakers in the doors. They might as well have dropped the the mock tweeter thingies, but hey, it has to say "Bose" somewhere...

DJ
--

1 - 5 of 5 Posts