Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there im having a problem installing the bose system in to my 147, all is going well until ive come to the bit about the booster 'in' needs to be added to the head unit.
i need to find the head units positive feed and know how to connect it to the booster 'in' connection.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you !!! Tony

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
hi still having problem trying to find booster in and the 12v feed can any one help tony
In this picture you can see the location of the "Booster in" pin on the radio, in the top connector.http://www.12vhifi.nl/alfaiso.html
This pin needs to be connected to a switched +12, you can use the switched +12 (accessory feed) for this, labeled AUT ANT. in the same top connector.

Switch-on signal for the booster is in the lower mini-connector

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi there ive tried the booster in to the +12, labelled AUT/ANT but still no joy do u mean i need to connect the booster in to the aut/ant AND to the switch on pin in the lower connector?? so all three will be connected with 12v wire? sorry for the confusion.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
hi there ive tried the booster in to the +12, labelled AUT/ANT but still no joy do u mean i need to connect the booster in to the aut/ant AND to the switch on pin in the lower connector?? so all three will be connected with 12v wire? sorry for the confusion.
No, connecting the "booster-in" on the radio to the "AUT ANT" on the radio will feed a switched +12 to the booster-in, switching the radio to Bose mode (obviously assuming you're using an Alfa head unit). Bose mode means the speaker outputs of the radio will be switched to line level outputs, and functions like equaliser etc on the radio are disabled.

The pin on the lower connctor concerns the wire on the loom , connected to the bose amp. This is the trigger wire to the Bose amp. +12 on this wire switches the amp on. The radio normally suppplies a +12 trigger output to this pin.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok ive get the bit about the booster in and the AUT/ANT pin done that.
the lower connector to the switch is what i am having problems with as i already have a yellow iso connector which is connected to the head unit which feeds the amp, its connected to the grey wire on the bose loom.on removing the yellow iso connector i lose all sound
(yes its an Alfa head unit, 937high)
The chap i bought this set from sent a set of instructions but they are not very clear.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
....the lower connector to the switch is what i am having problems with as i already have a yellow iso connector which is connected to the head unit which feeds the amp, its connected to the grey wire on the bose loom.on removing the yellow iso connector i lose all sound
(yes its an Alfa head unit, 937high)
The chap i bought this set from sent a set of instructions but they are not very clear.
Then what's your problem ? ;)
As said, the mini-connector contains the trigger wire for the Bose amp, and should be connected to the radio. From what you're saying, everything seems to work as you have sound when you have everything plugged in ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got no sound from the drivers side rear speaker and the passenger front speaker, could you shed any light on that. think ive cracked the wiring issue now, thanks for all your help and sorry ive been a pain the in arse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts