Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As title says, when the sound isn't coming no speakers will work.
But when the sound comes then all speakers will work fine.

My best guess based on research is either faulty relay or then the low voltage sent to amp.

I think this is something i can't DIY. please advise.
I am about to take this to dealer which will require tons of money :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
The bose system amp needs a 12v trigger to turn on - if that connection is intermitent then that might explain it. Check the yellow mini iso at back of head unit

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bose system amp needs a 12v trigger to turn on - if that connection is intermitent then that might explain it. Check the yellow mini iso at back of head unit
Thanks!!! but how can i verify if it works? should it be turned on or is there a certain light color to look at?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Maybe start with inspecting and ensuring the yellow plug is firmly connected and not loose. There will only be 1 wire in that plug (to the BOSE amplifier), so ensure it is not loose.

You can then use a multimeter to confirm that there is +12V from that terminal and through the wire, when the headunit is turned on. If you can find a schematic for the main plug that connects to the BOSE amp in the boot, you can also confirm there is +12V from this wire to trigger the amplifier on.

:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe start with inspecting and ensuring the yellow plug is firmly connected and not loose. There will only be 1 wire in that plug (to the BOSE amplifier), so ensure it is not loose.

You can then use a multimeter to confirm that there is +12V from that terminal and through the wire, when the headunit is turned on. If you can find a schematic for the main plug that connects to the BOSE amp in the boot, you can also confirm there is +12V from this wire to trigger the amplifier on.

Great advice!
Thx. I will buy the multimeter to check it.
Once verified the lack of voltage then should I take it to the garage or is there a way to fix it myself?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys,

The AMP gets enough voltage.
Where can I check next. Can the 7 yr old amp die like this?

I recall someone saying to look at 'fuse'. I know it's odd question but where is fuse?
Thx for your inputs!

·
7,713 Posts
I don't think the amplifier has a fuse. Only the fuse box has a fuse for the powerwire going to the amplifier; if you have measured +12V, then the fuse will be ok.

It could be a faulty amplifier. They can definitely go faulty, unfortunately.

·
7,713 Posts
Very fiddly, but you can change to a normal aftermarket amplifier. You will need to carefully identify all the wires; the audio wires from the headunit will need to have RCA terminals connected. You may need to upgrade the +12V powerwire and groundwire, depending upon how powerful the amplifier is (and how much current it drawers).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts