Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a 159 Ti 's for a while now , doing my homework and looking at
cars , and there are some sheds out there believe me! , but my question is, last one i sat in i tried the stereo
in it, i had not done this before when looking at others but just thought i would try and i must admit it sounded good . no Bose badges any were etc .
do they do Bose ones as well ?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Sorry if that was a little short....

There'll be a subwoofer in the back and discreet "Bose" badges on the dashboard tweeters.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Here's one with Bose
No connection to the seller or any idea if the quality is good enough for you? Or if you want a saloon or wagon!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply's this one didnt have bose and sounded good to me so cool
i'm after a 159 Ti 2.0 Jtdm saloon in red ,with about the 90 to 100 kmiles on the clock .

·
Registered
499 Posts
Can't judge difference in sound quality - as I've only live in one with the Bose audio option installed. SW btw, with a subwoofer -box installed behind the bootliner at the left corner. Different of what saloons have.

One thing I find particularly annoying is that with that Bose system, you loose the feature that the volume is constantly adjusted to driving speed. The 500 from Mrs also has that little luxury, so I know that you get adjusted to it quite quickly.

Another thing, of which I do not know whether this also applies for the Blaupunkt head-unit, rather than the Marelli in mine, is that when you fire up the engine, the radio comes on always as well. I made it a habit to set the volume back to almost nil when leaving the car. In order not to sometimes start it the morning after, with noise from the day before. If somebody has found a solution for this (instant-NAV-radio) I'd be happy to hear from it.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
couldn't you alter the things you mention, via the menu on the stalk? i can't check as i've not got my 159 now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My girlfriend's 159 had stock stereo, so we bought and installed new Hertz speakers, some sound deadening material and a new Sony Head unit. The result was amazing.
My friend got a 159 with a Bose system, when I listened to it I was shocked how bad it was, even checked if all speakers and amp was working correctly, sadly it did...
My friend was also not impressed with Bose. Now he wants to buy new speakers, but it will cost a lot more because 2 ohm speaker are rare and more expensive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When i get a car i'll stick too standard stereo then , maybe upgrade speakers at some point ! main idea is get the car first lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
When i get a car i'll stick too standard stereo then , maybe upgrade speakers at some point ! main idea is get the car first lol
having fitted my own system in my 159ti, and given some of the negative comments re: bose, i’d be inclined to buy the car you really want (mileage, spec, etc.) and then fit aftermarket kit to your taste and budget.

First port of call would be a better head unit and the loom/fascia kit - £400 budget would get e decent dab system with carplay & android play, massively improving sound. better features, and retaining steering controls. you’ll bet a better quality phone hands free system too - the blue and me is a bit pants

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info guys . :) when i find the right car i will do that . in the mean time keep all your eyes peeled for a 2.0 TI JTDM SALOON IN RED Ta

·
Registered
605 Posts
When I bought my 159 sw I changed the head unit for a pioneer one. Left the speakers stock and the sound quality is really impressive. Much better than the Bose in my 147.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts