Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi biffa,

Found this out the other day. Not long had my GT and thought the tweeters had died but could still hear the treble. Looked through the handbook and it states that the Bose sound system has the tweeters built into the mid range speakers lower down.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Get some decent speakers from JBL or Kenwood etc. Component speakers with adjustable crossover units and decent amplification will make a massive difference.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'v had the car for a while never noticed it and i have to be honest i did notice the tweeters on the midrange speaker when i was putting it back, and truth be told i'm not that bothered just somthing else i dont need to plug back in when i take the door card off next time...

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
They never had tweeters behibd them on the Bose upgrade as the tweeters are on the large speakers.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is very true. The Bose speakers have the tweeter built into the large door speaker, and the same in the back. The tweeter covers are just for looks. .... Bose still sounds great though.

BOSE: Automotive Music Systems check this out to see exaxtly what Bose sytem you get on each model.
Cool link cheers

·
Registered
624 Posts
I agree the sound is magic, and for looks the false tweeters do however look the part, despite adding nothing to the sound.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I swapped my standard speakers for Alpines which made a big difference. The crossover fits nicely above the bass speaker where there is a recess behind the door panel

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts