Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is displayed on your dash (where the track info/radio station is displayed) when you put an MP3 cd in?

I get the ID Tag info on the head unit but the dash either shows nothing or a cd number and track number that doesn't relate to anything.

Is this just one of the downsides of having the Bose head unit or is something wrong with the way mine is set up.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Just been out to look at mine and it shows "CD" and "track no." The track no. is correct.Maybe something to do with how you burned the disc-I use Windows Media Player

·
Registered
677 Posts
For regular CD's I get the 'CD' display and track number.

For an MP3 CD (in the front loader of the HU) I get nothing. On further reading in the owners manual, under the Audio section, this is as intended.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mines just works as normal with any CD, displaying track and CD number. Isn't there an option for different displays in the menu?? I'll have a look tomorrow.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There is a section in the owners manual on how to structure the layout of a burnt CD with MP3 files so it will display the song names etc.

In my 06 GT, it displays the names of the songs according to the name of the MP3 file. The display scrolls the name of the song/file.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Rab, even with a CD burnt in the MP3 format?
Yep, although it doesn't display any tracks above 100, it just locks at track 100 on the display, but still plays fine.

I use power2go to burn my discs, and when burning my mp3 discs i burn it as a normal data disk. It's structured just as you would have on your computer, with folders ect. It all works fine... even when navigating through different folders!

Rab

·
Registered
677 Posts
MYGT, that part is working fine for me too - Evo (and now myself) are querying the dash display, not the h/u display :)

Rab, I must try some other software for burning the MP3 CD as I'm doing everything else the same as you described yourself :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts