Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GT with BOSE.

Wanting to put an Alpine double din in there. My local fitter/guru says there is no way to fit it, and retain the steering controls.

If it wasn't bose, no probs. The same for any head unit, not just the Alpine one.

Anyone managed to fit one, and kept the steering controls..? How'd ya do it :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
GT with BOSE.

Wanting to put an Alpine double din in there. My local fitter/guru says there is no way to fit it, and retain the steering controls.

If it wasn't bose, no probs. The same for any head unit, not just the Alpine one.

Anyone managed to fit one, and kept the steering controls..? How'd ya do it :biglaugh:
just in the normal way, with an adapter..... :biglaugh:
There's absolutely no difference re steeringwheel controls between Bose and non-Bose .... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought, but he's adamant it can't be done with Bose. I've known the lad for years, and he's a brilliant auto leccy.

Any idea exactly what lead you're using..? And where you got it from..?

Cheers.

·
Registered
846 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
That's what I thought, but he's adamant it can't be done with Bose. I've known the lad for years, and he's a brilliant auto leccy.

Any idea exactly what lead you're using..? And where you got it from..?

Cheers.
most people use the connects2 ctsar003.2 with the correct lead for the radio make, see fi
https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/alfa-romeo-147-gt-steering-wheel-stalk-control-adaptor-ctsar003-2.html

as mentioned above, you will need to add a trigger wire for the Bose amp, nothing to do with steering wheel remote though....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts