Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i been having idling problems on my 3L 24v i went thru every step to solve this problem my last resort came down to replace 2 of the coils on the back cylinders because i changed one last year , so i ordered 2 BOSCH from eBay because i don't want to go thru another dis-sable of the manifold which is a pain. when i received the coils i was upset they shipped me the BREMI:vs_mad::vs_mad:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i was going to return it but i misplaced the boxes so i feel i got stuck with them , but i decided to install them on the back bank with one new Bosch under the intake manifold so i can cross them out for the frustrating surging idling that im trying so solve

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi there, how does the car run now with the new coilpacks?

I had a rough/lumpy idle and dropping onto five cyclinders, now with 6 new plugs and 6 new aftermarket ARC coilpacks from Eurocarparts over here I have a good steady idle at around 700 rpm.

I also noticed on the black inlet pipe that has the 6 or so ribs on it a slight cracking at the base of the rib so I put some duct tape on temporarily following other threads and wonder if this might be the same with yours. Stop the extra air getting sucked in.

I will also be ordering a new silicone one for next season, but need to decide on a colour for doing a engine paint on the plenum and coilpack covers.

Hope it isnt too cold over there yet.

Russ:byebye:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi there, how does the car run now with the new coilpacks?

I had a rough/lumpy idle and dropping onto five cyclinders, now with 6 new plugs and 6 new aftermarket ARC coilpacks from Eurocarparts over here I have a good steady idle at around 700 rpm.

I also noticed on the black inlet pipe that has the 6 or so ribs on it a slight cracking at the base of the rib so I put some duct tape on temporarily following other threads and wonder if this might be the same with yours. Stop the extra air getting sucked in.

I will also be ordering a new silicone one for next season, but need to decide on a colour for doing a engine paint on the plenum and coilpack covers.

Hope it isnt too cold over there yet.

Russ:byebye:
hi Russ , last year I experience the same as what you described I end up having a bad coil pack I replaced it and was fine for a year.

Now I'm having the same problem I did replace the 2 coil pack on the back bank which is a pain TO DO and I'm having no luck.

I just ordered a O2 SENSOR LAMBDA :furious: I'm going along the list of probability's and I'm down to the last 2 the AFM, throttle position

and yes same problem with my air duck I replaced with the stock one

the weather is been great up to now

Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts