Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aghh! I'm going around in circles here, so somebody please help! I need to replace the MAF on my 01 V6 Spider, and using the Bosch e-cat online, it tells me the part number is 0280 218 054. However, when I look at the numbers stamped on the Bosch unit fitted in the car, they are:

PBT-GF30
1238 M
F00C2G2004
090 113A

Take your pick! I've tried entering them all into the Bosch site, and it doesn't recognise any of them. So, a search on Google using the F00C number does come up with MAFs for sale, on ebay, from Italy. Does anybody know if the F00C number is an old part number, superceded by the 0280 218 054 number, or is it an entirely different part? I've already bought one MAF that has turned out to be the wrong part, and don't want to make the same mistake. Why replace the MAF? Keep getting error codes P1173 & P1176, and when the engine warning light is on the car seems to run richer. The local indie Fiat/Alfa garage advised that it sounds like the MAF (they've cleaned it all up for me, which didn't really do much) and reckon I should replace it.
SO! Anybody got any ideas on these part numbers please? Any help much appreciated! Thanks :)

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
The "0280 218 054" part number will be on the MAF housing (the tube), not on the sensor it self.

Those other part numbers look to have come from the sensor, not the housing.

Don't bother with eBay MAFs, they are usually trouble

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
The genuine MAFs come complete with the housing, so the part number is always on that.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Your sensor no is

F00c 2g2 004.

The one for the pre 2001 166 is

F00c 2g2 030.

These are the actual sensor no.s by Bosch.

I got one Full Alfa Housing and sensor (a genuine Bosch) from Alternative Autos at a reasonable price and what a difference it made to the car.

I reckon the only way to elimainate the MAF is to try with a known working one.

Chris I went round the same circles re my maf.Stevie at Alt Autos is a big help.

Pomeo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts