Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried a search on this but no results...

What air pressure should I be putting into my tyres on my 2.0 TS 16v? Tyres are 205/45R16.

Also, rather than starting a new thread: That little bolt stopper attached to the underside of the accelerator pedal. What's it for, and if I take it off, will it make me go faster... or does it stop me from over revving the engine and blowing it up :confused:

PS. Only had my 155 for a few days. I'm loving the experience :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've been up & down the scale , with various wheels + tyres , and always end up at 2.5fr / 2.2r .

I've always assumed that the stopper was for a built-in racer's excuse : "Yeh well I would have had you , but the throttle-stop was on" kind of thing...:lol:

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
The tyre pressures for the '55 are 36 PSI front and 33 PSI rear (dunno what that is in metric).

The throttle stop prevents you putting the cable under excess pressure once the throttle is fully open. If you take it out, you'll be putting pressure on the nipple holding the cable to the throttle body cam.. so you'll eventually break the throttle cable.

The throttle should be fully open way before you get to the throttle stop, so there's absolutely no advantage to taking it out.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I've had mine as high as 40-35 with 205/45x16.
It definitely handles better with more air in the front, although it's not very kind to your fillings with the roads around here :(

M

·
0 Posts
Seen V6's recommending 36 - 40 in the fronts but not many twinny owners.

No reason for the stopper really just stops the pedal hitting the floor/carpet (if you press it down and hold it down then get someone to try and open the throttle butterfly a little more you will find it is all the way open). Guess it allows the stopping point of the pedal to be adjusted when a throttle cable is fitted to stop cable beeing over-streatched.

John

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the answers. I think I'll be leaving the accelerator stopper in place. At least it'll give me an excuse if I get overtaken by a lesser car :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts