Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

my bootlight is not working anymore.
I think there is a cable broken in the lead through between chassis and boot (the part which is bending every time when opening the boot).
Anyone knows which cable colour is used for the bootlight? There are four thin cables, three thicker ones, the one for the shower and the antenna.
Oddly the bootlight wires seen when you clamp out the light are not represent in the ones in the lead through (the insulations there have all different colors) ?!?

·
Registered
Alfa Mito, 2010, 1.4NA, 6-speed
9,362 Posts
Boot light works off a microswitch in the catch mounted to the rear panel and as the light is in the side of the boot it is unlikely to go through the tailgate ... either the bulb or the microswitch is sticking.

·
Registered
Alfa Mito, 2010, 1.4NA, 6-speed
9,362 Posts
Should be if you look down into the lower part of the boot catch. Car is in garage at the moment so can't open book to take a pic. Probably a black plastic "wedge" to one side.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
The switch for the boot light are part of the boot lock geared motor (see attached wiring diagram) but I can't see the color code for the light wire.
But it seems the boot light is directly connected to the battery and the other side of the boot light is grounded through the boot lock geared motor unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The switch for the boot light are part of the boot lock geared motor (see attached wiring diagram) but I can't see the color code for the light wire.
But it seems the boot light is directly connected to the battery and the other side of the boot light is grounded through the boot lock geared motor unit.
So what could possibly be the reason for the light not glowing? I can´t understand the wiring diagram :depressed:

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I would say the wire from the boot light to the boot lock geared motor (pin 1) is broken.
This wire go through the rubber boot to the tail gate.

Check if you can measure 12V (with reference to chassis) on both side on bulb for the boot light.
If you don't measure any 12V, the wire from the fuse box to the boot light is broken.
If you measure 12V on both side of the bulb, the wire through the rubber boot is broken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts