Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have the 156 gta my boot won't open all of a sudden... It has no key hold so I'm not sure how to open it.. any ideas Wat could be the cause and how I can rectify it please???

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
Basic question first: You've tried both the button on the key and the lever inside the car?

Have you tried with someone jiggling the bootlid while you pull the lever?

Is your boot empty?

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
If you have done all the things that David C has suggested and it still won't open, do the following.

Open the "ski hatch" in the rear seat and shine a light onto the latch of the boot and try to open it with a long stick. Once open, you can inspect and fix the problem.

If that does not work, simply remove the rear seats (four bolts, if I remember correctly, perhaps six) and you'll have easy access to manually open it from the inside and inspect and fix whatever is the problem.

Also, have a look at the South African lounge on this forum. When did you get the GTA and whereabouts are you located? South Africa - Alfa Romeo Forum

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Try charging the battery, especially if the car has been unused for a couple of weeks or longer. Alarm arming/disarming and central locking goes flaky as the voltage drops. An old, failing battery is like having a haunted Alfa, with gremlins running amok.

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
Try charging the battery, especially if the car has been unused for a couple of weeks or longer. Alarm arming/disarming and central locking goes flaky as the voltage drops. An old, failing battery is like having a haunted Alfa, with gremlins running amok.
The lever boot release should work even with the battery removed from the car.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Levers in the 156 boot lock mechanism can get tangled up.

Have a look at this thread.

Good luck

Pub

1 - 9 of 9 Posts