Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I've had a boot spoiler for about three years now, always intending to fit it to the twinspark but didn't bother when I decided I wanted a V6 one day.

Got the V6 but as you know there is a problem with the paint so decided to wait until respray time before fitting it...............but couldn't wait that long eek! also I've recently acquired the modifying bug (thanks a lot Henry!!!).

So, I've sprayed it Satin Black (bit like bumper trim....bit of a shine). Thought it would match the black alloys.

Have a look at the pictures and give me your honest opinion, does it look any good or shall I have it resprayed eventually with the rest of the car.

Remember, honest opinion, I won't be offended.... :confused:

cheers, wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm, sorry about the bad light, I'll try and replace them with daylight pics soon.

wrinx

·
Registered
715 Posts
I like it. Looks good with the red (but then again I suggested it!).

It has a distinct "Motorsport" feel to it (or is that the big sticker you have saying that across the top of your front windscreen a la XR2! :p )

You have managed to mount it right on the edge of the boot which looks good. Can't wait to see where you have put the holes underneath! I know I had fun fitting mine (twice!)

I thgink 155's lok fantactic with a boot spoiler and the Silverstne type is the best of the 3 standards (not including the TiZ Zagato rear wing). The Standards are Silverstone, Sport Pack wrap round and early / Lester droopy corners style.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Lets see if I can get Wrinx to have neon lights under the car.

Fast and the Furious!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know if there should be a centre rubber mount, it just seems to sit there :confused:

The fitting kit I bought only had the ends.

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks VERY GOOD Wrinx, very sporty.
How about the Silverstone splitter now, also in Satin Black?

Jacques

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Wrinx,

It looks alright, personally I would have it in red.. the black rubbers look quite nice with it. If you want, I'll post a pic of my silverstone so you can compare.

The centre post should have a rubber on it too..

Alex

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lookin good wrinxy!

keep it black!

and as suggested... a black silverstone splitter might be an idea... check it out with photoshop first... it'll give you a better idea on what it looks like.. coloured or not!

j

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Guys

Thanks for your comments, keep 'em coming.........I make it 3:1 in favour of black.

Thought about the front splitter in black and I know just where to get one wink :D

....and I've ordered the middle rubber, dunno why my set was without it :confused:

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Wrinx
it looks good, but I think I agree with Alex about it being red (us Silverstone boys stick together). It looks like the Silverstone spoiler and so it should have a rubber bit under the middle leg too. Check my site (link at bottom) for a pic of the spoiler on my car.
You can order a Silverstone front splitter from Alfaowner, they are about £115 all in. I ordered a replacement for my car about 2 months ago and the suppliers in Italy sent me a 75 DTM splitter instead !!! So if you order one, I get the first one that arrives !!!

Marlon

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Wrinx

Looks good to me but I think it would be even better in red.

By the way the guy who i bought my spoiler off (STD type) is talking about breaking his L reg 8 valver. He fitted a similar spoiler to Henry so that should be up for sale if anyones interested.
He also has a set of 5 spoke alloys about 2.5 years old! Not sure what make though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Wrinx
Keep it black,it gives the car a raw purposefull look
Regards
Shug

·
Registered
715 Posts
I reckon keep it black too. You'd never match the paint.

Front splitters; black or colour coded?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, we've discussed this. Definately black on mine now the spoiler is black but not sure about yours. Blue is a strange colour for modifying IMHO.........its too cool to mess with :confused: and the only black on yours is the wheels!!!

Sure it would look better on mine wink

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fletch

That was indeed the dilema.........red/pink or black :confused: eek! :confused:

wrinx

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am a one color type guy. so i vote for a repaint.. :)

N

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I vote for respray in red as well. But have it done properly (maybe paint the bootlid as well) so that there is no colour difference.

There is something classy about fully colour coded cars, they look more expensive me thinks.

Not like boy-racer jobies, that got a lot of bits of the scrap-yard and stuck them on the car to make it look mean.... Otherwise, why not put some go-faster stripes down the sides as well?....

Only joking, have it painted red.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts