Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have just purchased my first Alfa. 156 sportswagon 03 reg. 1.9tdi.
when i go over 55mph the computer on the dash tells me that the boot is open.
whats all this about?
Also the boot light comes on and light the whole of the boot up when im on the motorway, due to this problem.
Ive trailed thru the hundreds of pots but cant find an answer.
Thanks people.

L

·
0 Posts
*something* needs adjsutment, most likely the locking hasp is set too low.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lacken156,
The guy i bought it from said that it had only recently started happening, and it had not happened before. Ive took it to my local alfa dealer, they said they had not heard of this fault, but they said it ound like it could cost me!!!
ive took all the internal panels off the inside of the boot to have a look, i couldnt find anything that looked out of place. ive cleaned the locking clasp.
It still happens. :confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Might be worth getting inside the boot with a torch, and getting someone outside to push the boot down.

It seems that the downforce on the boot is unlatching the latch or putting pressure on a switch to give you the error message. This is assuming it only happens when your moving 50mph+, this can be the only thing IMHO.

Steve

M

·
0 Posts
Could it be a split in loom to bottled in rubber (or is closed sensor in body?) Just wondered as maybe small amount of movement pushing lid down over a certain speed (or maybe even lift try lifting bootlid when not moving). anyway if sensor is on bootlid side then check wires inside the rubber tube.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, thats this weekends jobs sorted.
I will post back when i have tried these tips.
Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts