Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boot release from the glove box does not opperate, when you press the button I can hear a relay click but nothing happens. Any ideas? Also did the early 8v have a factory alarm? mine has an alarm which is remote central locking but no name on it. I left it off for a week and now it wont opperate. I've replaced the batt in the key fob part but no joy.
Any ideas anyone??

Paul.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Same thing happen to my boot release this weekend, very annoying. 95' 8V. Anyone with any suggestions, - I think its the solenoid switch on the boot itself, that gone, I am getting the clicking at the relay as well

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had this a couple of years ago. Turned out the cable had broken in the rubber boot between the body and the boot lid- not hard to fix and apparently quite common. From memory its a blue wire on a '96. Testing the solenoid is quite easy- either check with a multimeter (should be about 0.5 ohm) or connect a car battery to it and the solenoid should pull in.

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had the same when I bought my car (used). Chappie at the dealer where I bought it said they would have to adjust the nechanism in the bootlid. No problems since, but I'm not sure what it was they did exactly. Adjust the solenoid? At least it was one problem they DID fix.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think Simon's sggestion is worth checking. The wires in the rubber grommet can break. (caused rear light failure on mine)

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boot release fixed. :)
It was a broken wire in the rubber gaitor between the boot lid and the body. Simon you are correct that it is the blue wire (easy for me to spot as a previous repairer had used a yellow wire (that's main dealers for you.))
Cheers Guys

Ian.

·
Registered
447 Posts
My brother had a prob with the boot rubber too, when he'd put the car in reverse the lock popped open :) also due to broken wires

1 - 9 of 9 Posts