Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, got a little problem with my boot release button if anybody can help. Yesterday morning went to open my boot using the keyfob and it didnt work, this is the first time this has happened since buying the car 9 months ago, the boot release lever next to the driver seat still works so does the key slot behind the badge, iv opened the boot and pressed the button and the relay still sounds like it operates. So before i start ripping the boot apart and electrics out trying to locate the problem i was wondering if anybody could help.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think you are a lucky guy.
Open the boot and lubricate the selenoid and cable.
It append to me and I had to strip the boot covers from the inside:wow:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
perhaps a bettery change in the fobe wouldn't do any harm :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
If you press the fob release button when you are close to the boot can you hear if the solanoid clicking - if you can then there is nothing wrong with the key fob.

What happened with my SW was that the solanoid broke off the locking plate so it was sill firing but could not operate the lock - I had to have this lock unit replaced.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea the solnoid/relay still clicks, ill try giving it a clean and oil like suggested, the car doors still operate fine so not sure about the battery. thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
yea the solnoid/relay still clicks, ill try giving it a clean and oil like suggested, the car doors still operate fine so not sure about the battery. thanks for all the input.
So the fob is okay and that does not need a new battery - Now you need to remove the trim pieces in the boot as either the cable/rod that joins the solnoid to the lock mechanism has come off (or snaped) or the solnoid has become detatched from the lock plate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts