Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
The boot release button on my 147 key has ceased to work... :cry:
When pressed, the lights flash as if the boot is released, but the boot doesn't open. The boot release in the car works, and using the manual unlock under the badge works...
It's not that serious, as I can get in the boot, but I would like it to work again.
Any ideas???
Thanks all

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
There was a thread on this a few weeks ago - you need to check if the solanoid is still attached to the lock mechanism

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
more likely the micro switch has broken off the circuit board in the body of the key. There is a guy on ebay who will fix it for £25 (he is on here too if do do a search). If the solenoid had gone, the boot will not open from the dash button, it sounds like it does.

HTH

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Actually if the key is still flashing it is more likely to be a circuit board break than the switch, but the effect is the same. If you have another key, try that first.
If you need a key repair... Click Here :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys,
I thought this may have been an issue with the key, but the lights on the car flash as if the boot was released.
I will check at the weekend, maybe tonight if the weather clears up a little, to see if the solenoid has detached somehow.
Thanks everyone for your responses

1 - 5 of 5 Posts