Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What colour wires supply the remote boot release jobbie? My glove-box button works and I swapped the relay with the one next to it and that had no effect, so I suspect the problem is in the bootlid itself.

I have found the wires that go through the rubber tube between body and boot but now I have to work along the loom in each direction.

There's about a dozen wires in there - which ones supply the boot release?

Ralf S.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo 156 JTD 8v Veloce (2005)
258 Posts
I have found that the constant flexing of the wires in the rubber sleve from the body to the boot lid has eventually weakened and broken the connections. The colours you are looking for are the thick black wire and the sky blue one (same thickness). Just this weekend I have needed to rejoin another wire which powered the drivers side reversing/fog light.
I've found that the 'tightness' of the wires in the rubber sleve alters where it sits, mine was being slightly pinched beween the boot lid and the rubber seal running under the back window causing the problem.

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ta.

Do you know if there is a connector block nearby? The cables run into the depths of the parcel shelf so I can't see where they go. If there was a logical point I can start looking for some current from then that'd be useful.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo 156 JTD 8v Veloce (2005)
258 Posts
What I've tended to do which saves a lot of time and hassle (assuming you have the same problem as I did) is to remove the black trim from inside the boot lid - several plastic press and quarter twist fixings then unclip the wiring loom in the boot lid to introduce some slack. Then move the rubber sleve down the wire so the section in there is exposed.

If you have the same problem - it will be obvious to see because the sliding down of the sleve will show up the wire break if there is one. The hard part is refixing the wires, you'll need some slim bullet connectors to sit back in the sleve or to joint in a new piece - joining inside the car body and then in the boot lid - otherwise you'll not get the sleve back in place.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
it will be the black wire , its a common thing mine went . mine was broken in the boot section past the flexi rubber its an easy fix.

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers dudes... I saw all that but just didn't as far as dismantling it last weekend and couldn't think of the best place to start.

I'll sort it this weekend now.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
there is nothing to dismantle, just pull the gromet that links the boot to the lid at the boot side look for the black wire and pull it . if it says hello then just pull down the shabby cloth upper lining of boot ceiling and re join easy 10 mins work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts