Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All. Sorry for the really dumb question but is it possible to open the boot of 159sw from inside of the saloon? I beleive there should be some kind of a button but i could not locate it:(( so now, every time i need to open the boot, i do it with the button on the key. Where is the button in the saloon? There is a button at the ceiling where the interiour light switches on, which i beleive might be the sought button but it does not work. Am i right and this is the button opening the boot? If yes, how the boot opening mechanism works and how it may be fixed?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
It was deleted in the 'Series 2' and replaced by the 'Badge' release. This is from the Press Release...

"Further news in the Alfa 159 MY 08 and 159 Sportwagon MY 08 range, is the introduction of the rear logo, fitted with a “push” system, for immediate and safe opening of the boot."

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hi, All. Sorry for the really dumb question but is it possible to open the boot of 159sw from inside of the saloon? I beleive there should be some kind of a button but i could not locate it:(( so now, every time i need to open the boot, i do it with the button on the key. Where is the button in the saloon? There is a button at the ceiling where the interiour light switches on, which i beleive might be the sought button but it does not work. Am i right and this is the button opening the boot? If yes, how the boot opening mechanism works and how it may be fixed?
If you do have the button next to the interior lamp it needs to be activated in the menu - someone may have switched off the function. Same applies I seem to recall on the post-2008 models.

Of course it could just be broken

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you do have the button next to the interior lamp it needs to be activated in the menu - someone may have switched off the function. Same applies I seem to recall on the post-2008 models.

Of course it could just be broken
thanks a lot. will try to do it through the menu. is my understanding correct that the opening mechanism is electrical and not mechanical?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts