Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered any problems opening their boot? Mine opens fine when using the key fob but when pushing the alfa badge on the boot nothing happens. Actually, the badge no longer depresses when pushed.

I thought that it might have frozen so ignored it the first couple of days but i think i can safely say that this isnt the problem after today.

Any help appreciated :)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Isn't it still icy up in W Lothian? :p
I would give your dealer a buzz and see what they say. In any event, its probably a quick fix and would be free under warranty!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Have you given the car a wash?

Might be worth giving it a quick clean if not. I can only imagine that if you don't think its frozen, that there might be some road grime / salt / dirt stopping it depress properly.

U

·
0 Posts
Other things you might check - if its like the 159 you have to have boot lock enabled in the menu. Also if you have set the doors to only unlock the drivers door when you operate the fob, the boot push won't operate.

Not sure the MiTo works like this but worth checking

B

·
0 Posts
Check emergency boot release catch inside isn't stuck in a silly position (look in the manual for how to find it).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thanks for all the suggestions. I've not used the carsince Sunday morning but i'll look more into it over the next few days. Hopefully its just some dirt or some thing

·
Registered
47 Posts
OK, I know it is an old thread but...
Over the winter the boot stopped being able to be opened from the badge, it was staying stuck in.
The boot open warning then stuck on.
Immediate thought was the loom. Investigation found a broken wire for the warning but the other wires seemed ok.

So today I stripped down the badge / boot release. There was an incredible amount of dirt in there, but after a good wash it stopped sticking as much. I was unable to fully dismantle to find out why it still was a bit stiff but once the actual switch was fitted back to the badge assembly it seemed to be working ok.

Now refitted and working, time will tell for how long!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts