Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my boot light isn't working. bulb is fine and get a reading of approx 0.5volts when put a multi metre across the fitting in the boot when light would be on, can anyone advise?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Are you sure it's on? I thought mine was broken but it turns out the light doesn't turn on unless it's at a certain point i.e not just fully left/right. Try move the light in a central position gently until you feel it 'click' once.

Think it has 2 click each sides, 1 click is fully depressed the other is 'on'.

·
Registered
146 Posts
hmmmm - you're getting power but light is not coming on? 147s and GTs suffer from microswitch problems. The switch is part of the boot lock assembly (the catch on the hatch). But if you're getting power, is it likely to be the microswitch?

Mine isn't working currently but I have no clue what's up with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure it's on? I thought mine was broken but it turns out the light doesn't turn on unless it's at a certain point i.e not just fully left/right. Try move the light in a central position gently until you feel it 'click' once.

Think it has 2 click each sides, 1 click is fully depressed the other is 'on'.
the boot light doesnt have the click switch like the interior lights

·
Registered
276 Posts
the boot light doesnt have the click switch like the interior lights
The light itself is the switch which rocks back/forward to turn on or off. But there's a position in between which is on.

Are you expecting the light to turn on/off when you open the boot or have you actually tried to push the light? :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The light itself is the switch which rocks back/forward to turn on or off. But there's a position in between which is on.

Are you expecting the light to turn on/off when you open the boot or have you actually tried to push the light? :)
d'oh, thought light would turn on itself when boat opened! will go try it now

·
Registered
276 Posts
d'oh, thought light would turn on itself when boat opened! will go try it now
That's what got me when i first got the 147.

Does anyone know if the boot light will automatically go out once the keys are out (if it's turned on) as i don't see why you'd manually need to do it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and that's it sorted, When in middle position in comes on/off when boot is opened/closed.

Many thanks pal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts