Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took gtv for spin and light on dash indicating boot lid open although it wasn't. Today boot lid popped open and now it will not stay shut. It's like the latch is stuck open or something. Any ideas?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Took gtv for spin and light on dash indicating boot lid open although it wasn't. Today boot lid popped open and now it will not stay shut. It's like the latch is stuck open or something. Any ideas?
I’d check the electric boot catch wiring and mechanism, hidden on the inside behind the badge area. Possibly stuck open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Could be worth checking the boot release switch in the glovebox. I've heard reports of these going faulty. You could try disconnecting it and see if that helps.

Also, you could open the boot and try and trigger the latch manually by using screwdriver shaft and see if that will make it go into the closed position.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Could be worth checking the boot release switch in the glovebox. I've heard reports of these going faulty. You could try disconnecting it and see if that helps.

Also, you could open the boot and try and trigger the latch manually by using screwdriver shaft and see if that will make it go into the closed position.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Nope it won't latch by using screwdriver....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nope it won't latch by using screwdriver....
I had the same problem on my jts a few years ago, it was the solenoid in the boot lid, its behind the badge and to the left as you face the lid. I disconnected it and the boot would then stay shut and had to use the key to open it replaced the solenoid and all was good.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same problem on my jts a few years ago, it was the solenoid in the boot lid, its behind the badge and to the left as you face the lid. I disconnected it and the boot would then stay shut and had to use the key to open it replaced the solenoid and all was good.
Alright going to get stuck in tomorrow and sort it.. Thanks for suggestion steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts