Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
There is Facebook post on this issue.

It seems several people have had problems with the boot lid scuffing the bumper during closure and a couple are getting the dealer to address under warranty. Contrary to information posted here, ARUK does not have a fix or campaign for this yet.

It only seems to affect the Quadrifoglio and, weirdly, not the initial batch.

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yes QF. Mine is no where as pronounced as that. I caught it early and its really just rubbing on the clear coat and its on the shut line so not visible form outside the car with the trunk shut. Im pretty sure its the result of the trunk being a bit difficult to close and needing a slam. Ive added some nulon spacers behind the stoppers to keep the leading edge uniform and well proud of the pumper PU in that spot - but actually thats just made it fractionally more difficult to close so Ive adopted the "hold and follow through" approach but it does need a firm hand...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got exactly same problem in my Giulia 2.0 Super. I am anyway going to replace rear bumper and diffuser for a Veloce one, so the dealer promised they will paint new bumper instead of repairing the old one.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Anyone else experienced this and had it dealt with? Noticed it's happening on mine the other day, so mentioned to dealer this morning when dropping off for 2nd service. I told them i thought there'd been a recall for the stoppers, so they will look into it.

Just wondering if anyone has campaign no for the recall? thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Anyone else experienced this and had it dealt with? Noticed it's happening on mine the other day, so mentioned to dealer this morning when dropping off for 2nd service. I told them i thought there'd been a recall for the stoppers, so they will look into it.

Just wondering if anyone has campaign no for the recall? thanks in advance...
you mean the the stopper not being ft for purpose and the boot lip and bumper being damaged (paint) as a result?

if so then yes people have. My recent case was slightly different int hat the stopper had fallen off completely. but that was replaced and damaged bits resprayed under warranty no questions asked.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mine has had them adjusted twice. 1st time was so bad they resprayed the rear bumper. Still scuffing the bumper slightly but, TBH, no worth losing sleep over!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mine has had them adjusted twice. 1st time was so bad they resprayed the rear bumper. Still scuffing the bumper slightly but, TBH, no worth losing sleep over!

Mine was taken in and bumper resprayed. However, they said the original bumper stops were fine. I had a strip of self healing Paint Protection Film fitted to the top of the bumper and all fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
643 Posts
Cheers chaps. Booked in 2 weeks for rectification, and they’re going to strip down my squeaky drivers seat... intermittent but drives me mad

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
3,895 Posts
Finally had the boot lid bump stoppers replaced under warranty and bumper resprayed. Lost the Gtechniq crystal serum ceramic coating consequently but dealer is getting the coating redone under warranty once the paint cures for a week or two, so good of them!

New stops are a totally different design. They are a lot stiffer rubber with a different shape, has a flat base where it locates/compresses against the cut out in the bumper. Forgot to take pics of the old stoppers but you know what they look like. New ones attached. Boot needs. Slightly firmer push to shut but no real problems. Plenty of clearance too by the looks and no misalignment. Had the fuel flap also changed at the same time and sprayed. Doesn't look too different to the old one, time will tell when winter comes which is when the distortion occurs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
PS had a Renegade loan car - I’ve driven much worse and thought it pulled alright for a little 1.6 oil burner!
I like those Renegades! A friend has one, also a 1.6 diesel and I didn't get what the mediocre reviews are all about, it seemed far nicer to spend time in than my Parents old Nissan Juke, which it sortof competes with. Granted the Juke is a bit cheaper, but it felt it too. Clearly the public don't believe the reviews either as I see quite a lot of the little Jeeps out & about. Same 1.6 diesel as the Giulietta :)

Finally had the boot lid bump stoppers replaced under warranty and bumper resprayed. Lost the Gtechniq crystal serum ceramic coating consequently but dealer is getting the coating redone under warranty once the paint cures for a week or two, so good of them!

New stops are a totally different design. They are a lot stiffer rubber with a different shape, has a flat base where it locates/compresses against the cut out in the bumper. Forgot to take pics of the old stoppers but you know what they look like. New ones attached. Boot needs. Slightly firmer push to shut but no real problems. Plenty of clearance too by the looks and no misalignment. Had the fuel flap also changed at the same time and sprayed. Doesn't look too different to the old one, time will tell when winter comes which is when the distortion occurs.
Sounds like a pretty good dealer effort, which is good to see. Wish we had the choice that Kent (and Yorkshire) has - think you've got four in Kent and there's five in Yorkshire. We've got just the one in Oxfordshire and one in neighbouring Wiltshire - nothing in Gloucestershire or Worcestershire now that both Bristol Street Alfa places have shut :(

·
Registered
255 Posts
New stops are a totally different design. They are a lot stiffer rubber with a different shape, has a flat base where it locates/compresses against the cut out in the bumper.
I wonder if those stops are a straight swap for the old ones? And if so if they can be purchased; I'm thinking this would be less hassle than getting the car booked in under warranty. I've partially unscrewed the existing stops as I'd noticed marks in the dirt where the boot shuts (my car doesn't get cleaned often enough!) but am worried they'll fall off.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had my bumper resprayed due to this issue. Interestingly, they said mine was caused by boot misalignment, not the stops, so they didn’t change them. I subsequently fitted a strip of self healing PPF and all fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
3,895 Posts
I wonder if those stops are a straight swap for the old ones? And if so if they can be purchased; I'm thinking this would be less hassle than getting the car booked in under warranty. I've partially unscrewed the existing stops as I'd noticed marks in the dirt where the boot shuts (my car doesn't get cleaned often enough!) but am worried they'll fall off.
I think they are a straight swap as the old ones were just screwed in and out. Not sure where you can buy the parts, perhaps give the dealer parts department a call.

@metalgod23: Do you maybe have the part number?
This is what my dealer sent me.

"As for the bump stops the part no hasn’t changed but yes look completely different (pad 50556507 and spacer 50547436)"

Reactions: Macca993
21 - 40 of 40 Posts