Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - any help would be much appreciated.

The light on the dash is showing that the boot is open - even when its closed.

I can't see a sensor anywhere?

Also - when I lock the car - I get an extra "Beep" because it thinks the boot is still open.

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Have a god look at lock, look for a dirty or rusty contact, clean up with a cloth or sand paper and spray some WD40 about.

You may have to dismantle.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Is there a way to stop the "boot is open" light coming on at all?
It is possible but a pain as you would need to disconnect the signal cable to the display on pin 13 behind the dash. Just not worth the grief. Best to sort out the switch in the boot lock.

P.S. the only reason your boot light itself is not staying on is because it is controlled by a timer relay that switches the light off after several minutes. I suspect if you look through the ski hatch when you first shut the boot, the light will still be on.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Have the opposite problem, my boot light won't come on unless key is turned in boot lock! suspect dodgy relay.

To be honest I think your problem is also the switch. The timer relay is operated from a signal from the swich in the boot lock so it either works or doesn't. For some reason it sounds like your switch is not being made when "fired" from the boot release. As has been said, a good dose of WD40 and lots of exercising of the switch could solve the fault.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
The light comes on if I turn the key in the lock, definate thunk in the lock and the light comes on so the relay must be getting power and so it should "lock" on for the timed amount. It doesn't it oes straight off as soonas the key returns to normal. Timer circuit must be jiggered.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Well ok, the relay is easy to change, it is in the boot on the right hand side, open the cover and it is the relay furthest to the right on the top. Mine is grey coloured (Don't know if they all are)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts