Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all...boot badge on my 159 is looking a bit manky, going to change it, are they hard to remove? Have a 2007 159

Pete

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Really simple.
Open the boot and remove the carpet liner from the boot lid..

There are a lot of push in plastic pegs and a phillips screw in the little handle to help little poeple close the boot, that need to be removed.

Once you have done that and the liner is removed you will see the back of the badge.

There are 2off 10mm, I think, nuts which are on the back of the badge which need removing. There is also a plastic type clip on the gold / silvery bit that sticks out on the back of the bagde, which will brake off.

Then a good push from the back of the badge should remove it, there may also be a ring of double sided sticky on the back of the outter ring of the badge.

Watch you fingers when you push it out as the edges of the hole can be quite sharp.

Also if you have the push button type badge don't forget to un plug it, you'll see the plug.

Fitting is with out saying the reverse.

Have fun. I should take you around half to three quarters of an hour. Well worth the effort.

Reactions: nuvolablue01

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I need to change the badge on the tailgate of the Brera. Is it the same process?
I'm unsure as I've never done one on a Brera, But I would imagine the job is very close to above..

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Really simple.
Open the boot and remove the carpet liner from the boot lid..

There are a lot of push in plastic pegs and a phillips screw in the little handle to help little poeple close the boot, that need to be removed.

Once you have done that and the liner is removed you will see the back of the badge.

There are 2off 10mm, I think, nuts which are on the back of the badge which need removing. There is also a plastic type clip on the gold / silvery bit that sticks out on the back of the bagde, which will brake off.

Then a good push from the back of the badge should remove it, there may also be a ring of double sided sticky on the back of the outter ring of the badge.

Watch you fingers when you push it out as the edges of the hole can be quite sharp.

Also if you have the push button type badge don't forget to un plug it, you'll see the plug.

Fitting is with out saying the reverse.

Have fun. I should take you around half to three quarters of an hour. Well worth the effort.
Does this refer to the 'push button' boot release style badge that you get on later versions, or the 'fixed' style of the earlier ones?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Does this refer to the 'push button' boot release style badge that you get on later versions, or the 'fixed' style of the earlier ones?
Both.
The push button type just has a wire out the back with a connector on it.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Got to do mine at some point too. Looks a bit faded and tired now. Not cheap to buy though are they!?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
For those of us that dont have the push button type rear badge they can be retro fitted. I will put on how once I have wired mine in.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Just working out which wires do what. The fitting of the badge is the same.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Heres a photo showing the back of the boot badge. You can see the push button conector which I now need to wire in to the existing wiring.

IMG_0416.jpg

·
Registered
195 Posts
Bit of a resurrection this, but how did you get on with this, coxy1? Was it relatively painless? And if you succeeded, did the internal ceiling button still work, so you could have 'badge' and 'ceiling' opening options?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
To be honest I've not got any further with it. I found out where to take the wire to and where to connect it into the body computer behind the fuse board. But then got side tracked on engine mods.

I will get back to it along with the auto folding morrors it just not really the weather to be messing around with trim.

·
Registered
32 Posts
To be honest I've not got any further with it. I found out where to take the wire to and where to connect it into the body computer behind the fuse board. But then got side tracked on engine mods.

I will get back to it along with the auto folding morrors it just not really the weather to be messing around with trim.
Hi Coxy1, came across this post when searching the forum how to replace the boot badge.

I am about to change the boot badge on my 159 sw as well. Now have the version without the push button, but if it is possible I want to change it with the version with the push button.

Have you managed to get the pushbutton working on yours?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Also interested.
I happen to have an excellent condition badge (without pushbutton) if you are interested (although I am at Spain)

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
It needs a cable running all the way to the fuse box and connecting in to the unit behind the fuse box, B20 springs to mind but I'll have to dig out the info again.

TBH is a real PITA to do. I know someone else on here connected into a live on one of the roof lights.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok thnx!
No pita jobs for me anymore ;)
Will replace with the non-push version.

Any suggestions for the best way to release the plastic clips from the boot cover in a sw? Have all the bolts removed but the cover is still stuck on those 4 plastic clips :(

1 - 20 of 46 Posts