Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a problem with my 1.9 jtd 16v.When I accelerate to 2800 rpm the car goes in "safety modus" and "Engine failure"light fires. I hooked up the car to Alfadiag and the the fault code I found was "Boost pressure sensor failure". Does anyone have any tips about what that might be the problem?

This is the code:

Failed Component Code: Boost pressure sensor
Fault Symptom: Signal Not Plausible
Warning Lamp Status: Warning Lamp Illuminated
Fault Code Storage State: Error Not Present at time of request
Event Count: 40 count
Environmental Condition One: Engine Speed: 2564,77 rpm
Environmental Condition Two: Fuel Quantity: 58,35 mm3/str
Environmental Condition Three: Accelerator Pedal: 60,39 %
Environmental Condition Four: Rail Pressure: 1301,94 Bar
Environmental Condition Five: Turbo Pressure: 2729,48 mBar
Environmental Condition Six: Engine Temperature: 87,05 °C

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey, yeah I have the same message, had the mechanic do a diagnostics check and he said it was a boost pressure sensor. Just waiting to hear back from him to see what happens next...sounds expensive!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

The solution to my problem was to change the complete turbo(on warrenty). After this the car worked perfect again!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'd have tried cleaning the MAP sensor first. Remove the plastic engine cover, you'll see it just left of centre at the back bolted to the rear side of the inlet manifold. It's a black sensor about the size of a box of matches, the electrical connector is a PITA to unplug. The sensor is held in by a single allen bolt.

Once removed the sensor itself is about the size of a grain of rice and sits inside a cage, although you won't be able to see it as the cage will more than likely be choked with soot. Be very gentle cleaning it.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
+1

Although tbf I "unchoked" mine (no faults, I was just noseying) and didn't really notice much difference! It was completely blocked with oily soot though.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hi,
I have a problem with my 1.9 jtd 16v.When I accelerate to 2800 rpm the car goes in "safety modus" and "Engine failure"light fires. I hooked up the car to Alfadiag and the the fault code I found was "Boost pressure sensor failure". Does anyone have any tips about what that might be the problem?

This is the code:

Failed Component Code: Boost pressure sensor
Fault Symptom: Signal Not Plausible
Warning Lamp Status: Warning Lamp Illuminated
Fault Code Storage State: Error Not Present at time of request
Event Count: 40 count
Environmental Condition One: Engine Speed: 2564,77 rpm
Environmental Condition Two: Fuel Quantity: 58,35 mm3/str
Environmental Condition Three: Accelerator Pedal: 60,39 %
Environmental Condition Four: Rail Pressure: 1301,94 Bar
Environmental Condition Five: Turbo Pressure: 2729,48 mBar
Environmental Condition Six: Engine Temperature: 87,05 °C