Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Which will you choose?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's the year 2050 and a new government has taken power of the world entire. Under their authoritarian practices, each household must choose specific means of entertainment for the rest of their lives.

So here's one of the choices:

One goes to room 101, and the other is your entertainment and education tool for the rest of eternity.

But will you choose to keep Books or Television :confused:

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Ok, it's the year 2050 and a new government has taken power of the world entire. Under their authoritarian practices, each household must choose specific means of entertainment for the rest of their lives.

So here's one of the choices:

One goes to room 101, and the other is your entertainment and education tool for the rest of eternity.

But will you choose Books or Television :confused:

Books......reading about the FA cup final wouldn't be the same ;)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Books.. As much as tv can be a learning tool, there is nothing like reading to spark a love for learning.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Keep the internet and bin both books and telly? Chucking away internet or music would be a real hard choice but not fussed on either tv or books to be honest.

If the powers that be would let me I'd de-tune the BBC channels and not pay a licence fee. Also don't get on with books, especially fiction. Don't mind Stephen Hawking and the Lance Armstrong ones but that's about it. Don't think I've read a fiction book since I finished GCSE English 12 years ago.

Read a book in 3 weeks or watch a film in 2 hours? I'd keep the telly if I was tied to those choices.

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
TV had got worse in the last few years, so I can only imagine what crap will be on then. So books for me, especially car related. :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Gotta be TV for me. I like a good book but i would be constantly in the land of nod with books. I think i managed 2 pages last night before drifting off. :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love reading so I'd have to keep books. There seems to be less and less quality on the telly and more and more repeats, they seem to think that extra channels are just for showing each program several times a week with all the other repeats. Goodness knows what it will be like in 2050 - probably nothing but adverts and quiz or shopping channels :(

If it was a choice between books and music that would be more difficult :)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
books by a country mile. i only watch about half an hour of tv a day and that's when i'm REALLY bored. the only thing i would miss on tv is football but i could always go and watch it live so that'd be fine

books, magazines & music (and t'internet of course) are my entertainment:thumbs:

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'd love to come accross as being a bit intellectual, but I'll have to say television. The vast majorit of stuff on TV is utter tripe, but there are some really good programmes I really enjoy. I love good comedy shows, and am a real sucker for panel type shows like Have I Got News for You, QI, Never Mind the Buzzcocks etc. I'm convinced the Dave chanel was actually made just for me.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Other.

Drive to the Brenig dam and end it all.

·
Vendor
46,597 Posts
Keep the internet and bin both books and telly? Chucking away internet or music would be a real hard choice but not fussed on either tv or books to be honest.
As much as I'm a book fan, I haven't read one in a while now. I do most of my reading on the Internet..

But Internet vs Music would be a difficult one!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Books easily for me. Not a great watcher of TV apart from football, go to at least one game a week so as long as that was there, fine

1 - 20 of 23 Posts