Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
if you want the complete history on alfa then the twin books by stefano d, amico and maurizio tabucchi, i wont tell you the price :eek: a bit cheaper is the book published by schiffer a century of innovation, got both books and all you need to know are in there,but there are numerous books on the history of alfa romeo:thumbs:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Alfa Romeo: Always with Passion by David Owen (Haynes) is a good starting point. Last updated in 2004. Plenty of pics and interesting insights. It's also cheaper than some of the larger coffee table books.

Triff

·
Banned
299 Posts
I have Robert Foskett's book on the 916 Spiders and GTVs, a very good read in my opinion.:cool:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Are there any non coffee table books with a well written history?

·
Registered
351 Posts
out of topic little bit ... but get also Victory by Design Alfa DVD.... its great if you have home theater audio system.,..

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Blowing the dust off this old thread, as I've recently bought an Alfa book not mentioned here. I already had the Borgeson "Alfa Romeo Tradition," which is pretty good. It follows the history by naming each era after one of the major personalities.

I've recently bought a second hand copy of "First Among Champions, The Alfa Romeo Grand Prix Cars" by David Venables. He's an excellent historian, and goes deep into the early days of the firm. Bought it because his other books are great. It's second hand and, believe it or not, cheap at £48. There are copies going for three times that, so I was prepared for it to be well worn, but in fact it's immaculate.

Realise not everyone is heavy into racing, and it's a deep read - lots of facts, detail, text without headings and so one - but I'm loving it. Did you know that when Merosi wasn't paid... oh, never mind, you'll have to read it.

IMG_2675.JPG

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,960 Posts
I’ve got loads of Alfa books, some model specific; most model specific books will give you a pretty good whistle-stop tour through Alfa’s history as a back drop to how the car the book’s about, came about.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,802 Posts
I remember books!....got some somewhere. But now there's this new thing...it's called the...erm..what is it ?. Oh yeah the internet. I'm not sure it's true but I've been told the internet can fit even more pictures and words in than even a very BIG book!

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,960 Posts
I remember books!....got some somewhere. But now there's this new thing...it's called the...erm..what is it ?. Oh yeah the internet. I'm not sure it's true but I've been told the internet can fit even more pictures and words in than even a very BIG book!
You’re losing the romance in your soul, fella ;-)

Reactions: alfaitalia
1 - 15 of 15 Posts