Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're taking the kids to Warwick for a couple of days and going to Warwick castle (which is excellent, especially at halloween). anyway, Mrs K booked the tickets on line as they were £7 cheaper plus you get to dodge the queues. When she came to pay she was given two options 1. collect tickets on the day or print your own and whichever you selected you had to pay £1.50. £1.50 for an e-mail where we have to use our own ****ing paper and ink.

It gets worse. I got her tickets to see Franz Ferdinand at the Mcr Apollo. Tickets were £20 each. With a booking fee and a delivery fee (an e-mail, my ****ing ink and paper again) it was over £50. Nearly £12 in fees to firstly book and secondly print my own tickets.

Why do we put up with it?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
+1
They really do take the micky sometimes.
I accept to a certain extent that if the tickets are bought through an agent they have to make money somehow, but why charge the same for etickets?!?!?:mad:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
+2

As a regular gig goer this whole subject gets on my wick too!
Transaction fee's are my main annoyance, they have the cheek to charge it on both tickets, surely its just one transaction? :confused:

It is annoying when the cost of the tickets equals xx pounds, but adding on all the fee's/charge's it almost doubles the cost! :mad:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. Very annoying. As if the tickets aren't dear enough :(

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Yes, the booking fees have always pissed me off, our recent concert for Coldplay at Wembley stated £44:50 on the Ticket, but with "extas " costs us nearly £60:00 each......and they were CRAP too......:rolleyes:

BTW......

Another REALLY annoying thing is, if the Concert / Show is cancelled, you LOSE the booking fees, you only get the face value of the Ticket !!!!!!.......:rant:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I agree I'm going to see wolfmother in January tickets cost 17.50 but with fees added on £25 altogether. I know its not a great amount but its still annoying!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, agree with all of the above.

Along with 'a maximum of two tickets per booking' Because obviously it's completely unthinkable that mrs HST and I might want to go to an event and sit with my best mate and his missus :rolleyes:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Not much of a concert-goer these days but the ones that get my back up are holiday bookings, and extra charges for paying by credit card. No other type of business charges this, in fact when I had a merchant account a few years ago we were told that we weren't allowed to charge any extra for payment by card, so why do travel agents and the like get away with it then?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I can't remember who it was for but the other day I bought tickets with a booking fee and a postage fee
Even though I was collecting them!

It wouldn't be so bad if they just said £25 and that was it, it would be preferable to £21 for the ticket, £2.50 admin and £1.50 postage.

Thieving feckers.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,359 Posts
+ another 1 here

i went to see Oasis in june and the tickets were £40 face value, i bought 2, one for me and one for a friend. with all the booking fees and the like the total transaction was £108-something :mad:

bloody good gig though, despite the technical hitches :lol:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I can't remember who it was for but the other day I bought tickets with a booking fee and a postage fee
Even though I was collecting them!

It wouldn't be so bad if they just said £25 and that was it, it would be preferable to £21 for the ticket, £2.50 admin and £1.50 postage.

Thieving feckers.
How can they charge a postage fee if you collected them? I would have been on to trading standards, although I bet hundreds of millions changes hands every year through scams like this because it's too much aggravation for the individual to challenge.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
How can they charge a postage fee if you collected them? I would have been on to trading standards, although I bet hundreds of millions changes hands every year through scams like this because it's too much aggravation for the individual to challenge.
I can beat that one.......:eek:

We bought 2 tickets for the Newton Faulkner gig at the Brangwyn Hall, Swansea, which is about 500 Yards from where I live. So, I went to the booking office to buy 2 tickets at the reasonable price of £16:00 each, should be £32:00, I hear you say........:)

NO CHANCE......

I was charged £40:00, and I payed cash, walked to the booking office, and took my tickets away with me, there and then. The attitude of the staff was quite simple, you want the Tickets, its £4:00 each for the booking fee. It will be a sell out anyway ( which it was ) so take it or leave it....:wow:

Left me with NO choice actually........:rant:

BUT, it was a great gig, so perhaps it WAS worth it, just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth once you have bought the Tickets, and KNOW you have been ripped off !!!!!!......:(

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Just thought I'd bring this up again after hearing on R4 yesterday that some airlines are charging £5 per person per leg of a journey for paying with a credit/debit card. Whereas the actual cost of the credit card transaction is something like 2-3% and in the case of a debit card it is mere pennies.

That means for a family of 4 paying by debit card for a return flight the booking fees alone would be £40, compared to the quoted cost of around £0.30p :eek: and :wow:

How on earth do they justify that :tut: :confused:

·
Registered
44,669 Posts
Just thought I'd bring this up again after hearing on R4 yesterday that some airlines are charging £5 per person per leg of a journey for paying with a credit/debit card. Whereas the actual cost of the credit card transaction is something like 2-3% and in the case of a debit card it is mere pennies.

That means for a family of 4 paying by debit card for a return flight the booking fees alone would be £40, compared to the quoted cost of around £0.30p :eek: and :wow:

How on earth do they justify that :tut: :confused:
It's a scam, but people put up with it so they get away with it. Who here has a visa electron card? I hadn't even heard of them until I tried to book a flight on Ryanair.:rant:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It's a scam, but people put up with it so they get away with it. Who here has a visa electron card? I hadn't even heard of them until I tried to book a flight on Ryanair.:rant:
Ha Ha! Ryanair said they had a European wide promotional deal with Visa to drop the charges for Electron users, but Visa said they had no knowledge of such a deal. Turns out that Visa Electron are being phased out. Seems that they [Ryanair] are allowing the free use of Electron so they can advertise the cheaper price. Shcysters!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have a Visa Electron card, almost everybody takes them now, I can't remember the last time I was told it wasn't accepted. I haven't paid any extra anywhere when using it but for my hols I normally find a deal online then take a printout along to the travel agents to see if they can match it, and pay them cash. Has worked for me so far. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts