Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to see Mike Stokes this weekend and booked the JTD in for a full powerflow CAT back system! Really nice customer service. Spent some time deciding what I wanted in terms of diameter and tailpipe. Shoudl have a lovely big oval with a 2.5 inch diameter bore. I could have gone to three but the pipe would have to be welded together as they can only bend up to 2.5 so I opted for this to have a cleaner look. So should be back on the 9th to have it fitted. Once the decat comes back from the ceramic coaters this week I'll be laughing!:thumbs::D

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well its all on and done and sounds great for a drv. What do you think?

Quick shout to mike stokes of bournemouth who sorted it out. great work guys. Super pleased! :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure yet although it seems to have more torque and once again I'm using more of the rev range as the car revs more freely and pulls for longer. I think I may be getting some clutch slip now in the higher gears though as the car has a small vibration between 1800-2000 rpm when I know the torque is highest. Could just be fighting for traction but its in gears 4,5 and 6 so not sure. The revs aren't rising or doing anything silly but I think it may be pushing the clutch to its limits as its only a fast road clutch and the only difference was the material on the plate. The spring fingers were the smae thickness on the cover. I think the plate may just be moving slightly rather than actually slipping fully.

I am going to book a session soon and see what she now makes. Mines bigger than yours though! :D 2.5 " dia over you measily 2.25" ! LOL:p

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Looking good Joss :cool: , i got a stainless made up for SW by Elite custom exhausts in Ayr , the old 5 pot dont sound like a diesel anymore , more growly ( if thats a word )

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bigger isn't always better Joss... ;)
your just jelous!;)

Looking good Joss :cool: , i got a stainless made up for SW by Elite custom exhausts in Ayr , the old 5 pot dont sound like a diesel anymore , more growly ( if thats a word )
wish I had a 2.4:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts