Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:

Someone lobbed a stone at my GT last night while it was parked outside my house. Hit the passenger door low down and left a dent. Good thing is there's minimal paint damage and some polish will sort that. Another good thing is that I know a paintless dent repairer who is quite frankly an artiste! He's worked wonders for me in the past and this will pose him no problem.

I just need to make sure he has some sort of access to the back of the panel so I need to get the door card off? Any hints or tips or things I should look out for when removing it such as weak points in the fasteners or hidden wiring?

Much obliged folks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There are some excellent how-to's to be found here on the forum. Do a search for "remove doorcard GT" or something like that. It is an easy job you can do yourself.

·
Banned
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do a search for "remove doorcard GT" or something like that.
I did! I even did it again just to make sure and found this thread and one other!

I'm not sweating over the idea of doing the job as I became the 'door-card guru' of the jaguarforum when I wasn't the first to discover how weak the plastic holding the retaining clips was on the Jaguar X Type as I acquired a car that a dealer had previously bodged, but I was the first to post solutions to the problem and how to avoid first-timers ruining their doorcards in future.

Just wanted to make sure there were no beartraps hiding behind my (temporarily scarred) beauty's doors.

Edit. I've since found this. I might post up some pictures of my own experiences when the time comes.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I hope the mother focker gets his knob stuck firmly in his zipper the next time he takes a leak.
That's a bit strong, the poor lad is probably from a disfunctional family and can't be held accountable for his actions as it would infringe on his human rights.

On second thought you're right, stone the barsteward, an eye for an eye. Or "do unto others as they would do unto you"; the Alfisti code, Chapter 1, verse 3.

With a passing nod to Gene Hunt.

·
Registered
953 Posts
That's a bit strong, the poor lad is probably from a disfunctional family
Wouldn't want them to have the chance to extend it further would you?
Because lets face it if they are slightly over 12 then they are probably getting p****d, stoned and breeding already.

I saw it on the Jeremy Bile show once so it must be true.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts