Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heck and damn.:mad: :mad: After 24 months of carefull ownership, taking up two spaces in car parks, using nana Rita's disabled badge etc someone has finall put a dunk on the GT. I'm as mad as hell. It's clearly a careless door bump and it's right on the waistline crease on the rear panel behind the driver's door.

Does anyone know whether these dent devil type boys can tackle dents on that part of the car?:confused:

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,044 Posts
Hi Will

A good dent guy should be able to get it out, we have a really good dent guy but to far way for you.

They should be able to do it without removing the door cards, if they do have to take the door cards off be really careful see my post below.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/974764-post15.html

Ned

C

·
0 Posts
That'll be karma giving return on you for parking in disabled spaces.:p

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the prob guys, it's not on the door but the rear panel between the Bertone badge and the door (on the crease). that's what's concerning me, cos I've heard if they can't get behind the panel, then it's a body shop job.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That'll be karma giving return on you for parking in disabled spaces.:p
Don't think that that hasn't crossed my mind, Chris:eek:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude !! :(

Had it done to mine in the works car park a few weeks back !! :mad:

Dent Devils sorted it for me though !! :cool: :D

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
That's the prob guys, it's not on the door but the rear panel between the Bertone badge and the door (on the crease). that's what's concerning me, cos I've heard if they can't get behind the panel, then it's a body shop job.
You can get behind this panel, err, it just takes a bit of effort and you need to remove the odd piece of trim.

By odd piece of trim I mean the boot floor, parcel shelf, boot plastic side assembly, boot side lining, rear seat backs, rear seat bench, rear quarter trim at top where seat exits, front seat belt mount, front sill trim, front door seal and finally you can remove rear quarter panel trim.

Piccy: Link to my website as attachments don't work on the forum

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ta much TallPaul, that's very helpfull indeed.

I'll give the local dent boy a ring and see waht he reckons. There's a few on the GTV need looking at as well, so his trip won't be wasted.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear that dude !! :(

Had it done to mine in the works car park a few weeks back !! :mad:

Dent Devils sorted it for me though !! :cool: :D
was it easy to get at? How mucho costo (if you don't mind:D )

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
was it easy to get at? How mucho costo (if you don't mind:D )
He did find the Brera door a bit of a pig but he did it in the end !! :)

It's normally £75 per panel dude !! ;)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I use a guy in Shelton who's the biz. If he can't get behing the ding, he uses the glue & screw method. GT Leigh has used the same fella also.

You should be fine :D

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
:mad: Sorry to hear this Will...my GTV has similar dents in it due to carless clots :mad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts