Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I have a GTV year 2000 TS which I have just taken in for an MOT. When they went to lift up the bonnet the off side bonnet hinge snapped off . Does anyone have any idea where I can find a replacement ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Try eBay. Just search Alfa GTV bonnet hinge and about half a dozen come up in a variety of colours.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
You're welcome. I have had loads of help with a variety of problems big and small on my GTV from a number of people on here, it makes a change to be able to help out rather than asking the questions!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello - I have a GTV year 2000 TS which I have just taken in for an MOT. When they went to lift up the bonnet the off side bonnet hinge snapped off . Does anyone have any idea where I can find a replacement ?

Thanks in advance
I removed my hinge (watch the heavy door, you need to keep it jacked up), and took it to an engineering workshop. They hammered out the old rivet and made a new one to fit. I then painted it all. When removing the bonnet side of the hinge the bolts unscrewed from the actual bonnet, the nuts were seized on. I have had to clean them up and put them back in with threadlock. One side is a self-tapper, then a hex nut, then the other side is a machine bolt. Just watch out for this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts