Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cars been in the garage since end of Autumn ,anyway went to do some work on it the other day opened the bonnet and the bloody drivers side bonnet hinge snapped ,a common fault looking at the forum

Anyway after a lot of struggling i managed to make a pin up out of an old coach bolt .Its very awkward as theres not much room between hinge and A pillar.Anyway after spending ages trying to realign the bonnet. which should of been easy it now seems to stick proud of both doors .Is this right ,could of swarn it was preety even before

Apart from the hinge breaking at the pin cant really think how its managed to put the bonnet out of alignment that much both sides

What are yours like are they flush or sticking out ?

Thanks Mark

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes put the shim back there was only one .The top edge of the bonnet is not to bad to the top edge of door but the bonnet sides seem to splay out down the sides where they meet the door

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Yes put the shim back there was only one .The top edge of the bonnet is not to bad to the top edge of door but the bonnet sides seem to splay out down the sides where they meet the door
The left side of mine is like that, too. Sits proud of the door by a few millimetres. I won't be trying to move the door - can the hinge be moved on the bonnet? I haven't looked yet.

My wiper arms are rubbing the bonnet near their pivots. So I think I need to raise the back edge of the bonnet, but I don't know how to do this either. I know how NOT to do it (closing the bonnet on a block of wood worked fine on a 164, won't be a good idea on the Gtv :eek:)

-Alex

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seen on an other thread if undo the 2 nuts on the bonnet hinge push the bonnet in with your stomach then tighten them back up it will take it in a bit

Mine must of been like it before the hinge broke just never really noticed it . If u pull up on the centre rear edge of bonnet it fits better .I think with age heat etc the bow in the back edge of bonnet flattens out its composite ,causing the side to stick out

Mines not as bad after playing about with it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts