Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I want apologize for my english (Im from Slovakia)

So my dashboard is showing opened bonnet, tried to close it softly, harsh no change.., so I guess it can be sensor or disconected connector, but I cant find where is it or if it even have connector somwhere... or do i need change whole mechanism ?

And my second problem is alarm, but I dont know if it is related to this.. when I lock car, it beeps and then it beeps once more(caused by some fault)..I tried to open/close doors, windows, trunk, bonnet.. sometimes it hepls sometimes not.. Is this two things related to each other or do i have two problems ?

AR 159 SW 2.0 125kW 2010

·
Registered
100 Posts

So my dashboard is showing opened bonnet, tried to close it softly, harsh no change.., so I guess it can be sensor or disconected connector, but I cant find where is it or if it even have connector somwhere... or do i need change whole mechanism ?

And my second problem is alarm, but I dont know if it is related to this.. when I lock car, it beeps and then it beeps once more(caused by some fault)..I tried to open/close doors, windows, trunk, bonnet.. sometimes it hepls sometimes not.. Is this two things related to each other or do i have two problems ?

AR 159 SW 2.0 125kW 2010
Does the bonnet close completely and latch fully when you shut the bonnet?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

AR 159 SW 2.0 125kW 2010
Does the bonnet close completely and latch fully when you shut the bonnet?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Yes it closes fully.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
There are 2 wires.. one is hood wire and other one is probably sensor..
I am positive the two wires are going to the switch because the switch closes when the bonnet is closed and short the two wires to indicate the bonnet is closed properly.
This signal is used for the bonnet open sign and for the alarm.

You will need to change the lock unit if you can't repair the switch. Be aware that there are two part numbers for the lock (item 1)
One with a switch and one without a switch (for cars without alarm).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Looking at car from front the wire from bonnet catch goes to a plug on right hand side. As a temp measure link the 2 wires together to give permanent closed signal to keep dash and alarm happy.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Mine had this, microswitch was knackered - despite clicking when pressed - I had to have a new bonnet catch - be interested to see if you can just replace the switch though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine had this, microswitch was knackered - despite clicking when pressed - I had to have a new bonnet catch - be interested to see if you can just replace the switch though.
I cant even find where to buy whole lock mechanism with sensor.. so i just jumped sensor wires..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts